Taking the kids on Lake Monticello need help

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by daredevle, Aug 17, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello brothers im taking my kids on lake monticello in a few days and i need some good LM bass spots for them please help brothers thanks:roll_eyes:

2. Skipper

Skipper New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Catching LM bass this time of year is tough and you are gonna try it on monticello? Thats gonna be really tough. I have caught a few bass there before in the heat. Try real early on points with top water. I mean right as the sun comes up. Just hit the ends of the points with top water baits. Just the very ends and go to the next one. Later in the morning try humps w/ carolina rig.

3. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Boy is that one gonna be tough. Try fishing the deeper points with a rattle trap. Try this same method around the biggest island on the east side. I have had luck in the past along the dam where the water is deeper with a Carolina rig. Also try a sonic rooster tail preferably white along the dam also. Fish it slow so it goes deep. Good luck!!!!!

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Bring him to Lake Wylie, go to the mouth of Catawba Creek, look for schools of shad, then wait for the bass to start busting the water. The bass are schooled right now on Wylie and it is easier to catch them than white perch! It actually looks like the striper runs in the northeast in the fall.

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The best thing you can do is fish for catfish instead of tryin to catch a green carp.Theres alot more of them in Monticello, it would be alot better for the kids.

6. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    there are striper in lake wylie? i know white bass but striper never knew that thank you brothers:wink::big_smile:

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Bass are rather tough to catch in Monty unless you really know where they are and like everybody has said you are better off trying for cats. Well the white perch can be fun also and they seem to be plentiful in Monticello also. Either way good luck.

8. whichrod

whichrod New Member

State:
    columbia sc
    buh ha green carp