Taking some time away from the River..

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Nov 27, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well after yet another lack luster outing today, I have decided to force myself to stay off the water for awhile. Usually when I feel like this, come Monday morning I can't wait to hit it again, but no matter how my strange mind works this Monday, I am sitting a few weeks out..I am gonna end up burning myself out. Just gonna sit back and let this river work itself out of whatever kind of funk its in. This for me atleast, has hands down been the worst couple months I can remember. I think its time for a break!!! Rollo and Skip, its gonna be quite some time before I can recommend a drive down here..This river flat out sucks right now....I can't even remember the last weekend that I didn't fish, I think it will do me some good..

2. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yeah i couldn't agree more about the fishing sucking lately, one cat per outing really blows or worse getting skunked. I'll definitely be off next weekend as i will be on kid duty. still trying to decide if i will go out tomorrow and try out of tanners. i did manage a small flat today and good sized drum in 8 hours of fishing :sad2:

3. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    heres my big catch of the day:sad2:i hate to even put this up

Attached Files:

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That really sucks man, but I think I'm in the same boat as you. I've gone fishing four times the past 2 weeks, and I have nothing to show for it but a lot of lost rigs and being pretty cold. I never hit the morning shift either, always did the 3 PM - 10 PM deal .. not a different story.

With this whole net ordeal going on, I really wonder how much damage it's actually done. I have a bank fishing spot on the Ohio that has never shown me nothing, I hit it twice and we didn't get a run out of 6 rods in the water and three different kinds of bait - even chicken livers. This isn't very far down stream from where you guys found that net. :embarassed:

I'm convinced if you aren't doing good, not a whole lot of us will either. From what I've talked to ya, you know those waters pretty well. The bite has just been horrible lately. Thank God Call of Duty came out otherwise I'd be going crazy ... :crazy:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Travis, I left ya a message..I understand if you don't want your azz beatin this month!!:smile2::smile2::big_smile: rollo

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL>>> Keep at em man, you know as well,,, the bite can change quickly and you need to be out to know!:wink: rollo

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    you need to start coon hunting

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im taking up trapping! So whats that tell ya Matt!!:smile2::roll_eyes::eek:oooh: rollo

9. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i'm going to give it a try out of tanners tomorrow and see if its any better down that way sounds like a couple of em over there are still hittin ok. wish me luck

10. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    DONT DO IT,What bait are you guys using,things have been on Fire down on my end of the Ohio,I dont think the h1n1 could keep me off the river right now.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  11. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    been using cut shad either anchored or drifted, tried deep shallow and everything in between

12. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Been catching smaller ones on shad but the all Big ones on Skipjack.In about 35 foot of water.Hope this helps:wink:

13. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    that's about the depth I've been catching them lately. unfortunatlt don't have any skippies. maybe tomarrow if they're at the power plant

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Ahhh you will be out there Monday morning soaking bait . Its in your blood brother . Hard to not go when you know you can .

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I don't know guys, I woke up this morning more pissed off than I thought would. I am really burnt out and have no passion or urge to fish anymore. Matt I wish you would hurry up and buy my boat! I am no pro by any means, but I know the Cincinnati area very very well, and to keep coughing up the same BS results every time, is rediculous. Catfishing itself is just sounding less and less interesting to me. Always dealing with picky fish, who want one bait or the other. And if they want skipjack, I dont have time to go get them, I get one day a week to fish, and it's either fish or get bait. Can't take time to go whenever I want like some people can, stuff like that is just getting annoying and really starting to kill it for me. Rollo I got your message this morning, I passed out when I got home last night. I could care less about the competition, I realize it's all fun and games going back and forth with each other on here, I just don't want you guys to drive all the way down here to fish this area, when you dont get to much. It's not worth your trip. May want to fish down river with someone from IN who knows what their doing.

Matt (Riverking) knows the deal with my boat, I am holding it for him as a buddy for a while, if he cant get it soon I may just put it on the open board, or Craigslist or something. Think I am done guys..If anyone else hits the water good luck to ya, you will need it, atleast around Cincy..:wink:

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We know man what your saying. I am just looking forward to catching some blues this winter somewhere.....rollo

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Travis, WTF?

You are starting to sound like Flathunter and I'm getting a little worried.
    In a couple of weeks you'll be right back in it. Everyone has these fishless spells at one time or another. It doesn't last forever.

Take some time off then come back and "Get Some" Marine!
    See ya on the water. S

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Really man if you had the kind of luck I do and still not give up come on man up LOL if a Navy guy can keep going Im sure you can:wink::smile2:

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Guys it isn't that I am just giving it up, its that I have just lost the "want" to go. Been feeling it less and less every trip. Before I even get the boat in the water I just know nothing is gonna happen, it's almost like I go just because I feel like I have to go, like I am obligated or something...I know it sounds weird, but fishing has been my life, other than family of course. Maybe it's become more of a job in a sense, trying to maintain the same level of success that I started out with. Which in itself doesn't make much sense, how in the hell could I go out when I first got my boat, as green as ever, and land big fish one after the other? Not to mention that yesterday, there were 3 boats on the river, mine, fishmonster's, and a freakin net boat. I just have to step away for a while, otherwise it's just gonna turn into a hate of catfishing. I am sure this will all blow over at some point, but its gonna be awhile. Maybe selling the boat, and starting over some scratch is the cure..lol...Who knows..:big_smile:

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    PLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE! LMAO The Marines were very simple, you show up at 4, run 6 miles, go to the Gym, to some training all day until chow atleast, spend 2 hours of lunch playing Xbox, train some more, and figure out where your gonna party afterwards! That is of course until you deploy to Iraq, then the party is over...:smile2::eek:oooh: