The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I really enjoy taking wives fishing, PARTICULARY when their husbands pay me NOT to bring them back.I ve got a good piece of structure going at Santee but if somebody looks at it with one of those side scanning Hummingbirds I might be in trouble!!!!:big_smile: :lol: :eek:oooh: :tounge_out: Unhappy husbands, for my rates and conditions please PM me anytime.Robert Ruark once wrote that the real joy in life is when you have done it all and have nothing else to prove,then you introduce someone else to it and watch them have all that fun.Thats why taking your kids fishing the first time is such a blast.My son is in the Army and I can't count anymore the number of fellow soldiers he has brought home to go fishing with us.Nothing like watching a first timer battle a plus 40 flathead,then fall back exhausted in the boat with muscle cramps and all they can say is WOW,WOW !!! I never had any idea they were so strong.That is also why I enjoy taking folks on my guide trips.Jons most recent Army buddy caught a 40+ Flat and a 20+ blue on his first trip with us.Hell It took ME 2 years to get my first +30.It was way more fun watching him nearly pulled over the side by the flat.Of course I offered plenty of encouragement and advice like"If he pulls the rod overboard make sure you are still attached to it"HeHe.:big_smile: :lol: :smile2:

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,196 Posts
Old post but I to love putting someone on their pb
Absolutely agree.
I catch my share of good fish and I still enjoy catching them but the real satisfaction for me is finding them and getting them to bite. When that rod goes down, that's the win for me. I really don't mind who reels them in and it's so cool to see someone totally shocked by the power of a big fish and then get really wide-eyed when they get their first glimpse of it on their line

This year was the first in a long time I've not taken someone out, but over the years, I've enjoyed seeing quite a few guys and gals get their PB's in my boat.

...W

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
319 Posts
I am the same my buddy has a couple that takes care of his horses I took Burt he caught a 28 and 25 when the first one broke the surface I thought he was going to have a heart attack he kept saying o my god o my god probably 15 times
I took my daughter’s 3 kids and one of their friends (at different times. Only seating for 4 in my Tahoe), last Summer and Fall. Isaiah and Philip were the only ones who caught fish.
Tyler, Isaiah’s friend, would get bites but didn’t quite know how to set the hook. I’m going to get him to use circle hooks this year, maybe he’ll land one. 😀
I mean, the guy is 15 years old and never landed a fish. It would be great if his first was a 12# flathead !! I can almost hear him already. 😀😀😀

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I can't do a lot of things because of my health service wise. But I try to do what I can and one thing I do is take guys from my church fishing. Many have never been on a boat or it has been many years for them. Many have only caught a bass or rainbow trout. Not saying a channel cat is huge compared to a lot of you guys but to us they are some great fighters especially to newbies. I took one guy out and it was his second time and I had my kids. Between him and my kids they reeled in 68 cats he did 17, I only reeled in 2 that day because my kids made me. I get more enjoyment finding a honey hole for them to reel in fish than for me to reel in fish

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Take new peeps out fishing and hunting a lot great way to meet and get to know guys.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts