Taking others fishing with you.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by neocats, Jan 8, 2007.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Me and Rockbass were just talking about taking new people fishing and the trill you get when that person catches a PB. Has anyone else done this? I am not talking about professional guides, just your average evyday fishing guys.

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    yep ... both from the bank and from the boat. IMO it is one of the best personal perks of owning a boat. For those that don't get the chance, just riding in a boat tends to put a smile on thier face.
    I normally start with just trying to put them on fish for a couple hours, regardless of size. The fact that they are landing fish is fun. Afterwards, then we'll bait up and fish a location that has a better chance of getting a big boy.

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I take people often ,only problem is we usually get skunked or catch 1 to 3 dinks, im waiting to go with someone to show me how its done. Hint hint :0a30:

4. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Having recently bought a new 21' Carolina Skiff - I quickly found this to be my favorite part of fishing and owning a boat. I'm in the Navy and my wife and I have no children and I get such a blast out of taking out my otherwise-nonfisherman friends and their kids out and hooking them up with 20-40lbs blues. My wife doesn't get it - I come home beaming about all the fish we caught and when I show her the pictures she asks "why aren't you holding any" and when I explain that I never actually reeled any in she just looks at me like I'm crazy.

Yeah - I know what ya mean - watching someone who doesn't fish land a 46 lbs Blue (my boat's PB) is priceless!! The look on their face - you couldn't peel that grin off !!

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I do it all the time and most of the time I don't fish much while I am with them because I enjoy watching the joy they are having at the time. I am sharing the same joy I have had so many times before.

Jim Marshal and our wives go quite often and him and I just set back and watch those two girls hammer the gills for bait. We have a ball watching them catch so many of them and all we do is remove them and let them go at it.

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Most of the time, I prefer to fish alone. There are two others I fish with, one a friend, the other my oldest son. I like to take kids fishing, but rather not go with other adults, guess its my time.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nothin like it! I take several guys and thier sons fishin every year. I warn them ahead of time that a day of fishin is at least 10 to 12 hours on the water. LOL! Makes ya feel good when they are crankin em in. Heres a few pics.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Thanks George for sharing the pics. That, my man, is what it is all about.

9. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    One of my friends has a bunch of grand kids and since he is an avid fisherman he has he has transferred this to most of them. One grand daughter had never been fishing. He had been taking the grand sons fairly often. The girls decided they were getting short changed but they didn't want to go with the boys. This one 18 yr old grand daughter caught the first fish on the trip and her first fish ever. 20 + lb Blue She has got the fishing fever now. I would have given anything to have been there to see the look on her face when that fish broke the surface.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Awwww, see the old, pretend to be hard butt, ZZTOP lover, bike chick seeker, the first representative of the fine BPOTM club, has a soft heart underneath that persona.

:tounge_out:

11. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I get a bigger thrill taking people out fishing and boating, than going alone. Kids and old people are great fun. I greatly enjoyed teaching and takeing my daughter and neices out fishing. Now there all grown up and busy so we don't get out like we used to, But we make time to get out a few times a year since. Been thinking of being a volenteer taking kids and such out fishing. Just not sure were to go. Guess I'll give game and wildlife a call today.

12. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I took my brother fishing on saturday at the Ohio River. He caught his personal best, a 30 pound blue. I didnt catch anything, but seeing how excited he was when he hauled in the big boy was just as good, maybe better. I was glad he finally caught a big fish. Now he loves catfishing even more. Cant wait till he catches one even bigger.

13. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    LONG LIVE Katfishn 50. You The Man!! Question George,Who's the New Squeze in Your Aviator,The Biker Chick You were Looking For? J.D.

14. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Here's some pictures of the "Catfish Virgins" on my boat.

Attached Files:

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    George the smiles:big_smile_2: on their faces says it all. They will never forget the trip. Thanks for sharing.

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I love taking other people fishing, I take my little cousin and little sister fishing, nothing better than the thrill they get from catching a fish.

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
  18. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    I had the pleasure to meet and fish lake tillery last week with two BOC members i met here. They are cutter and Miichael. These guys were a pleasure to fish with and i may add they are serious catters. It was great to meet these polite men. We had one thing in common, "BIG BLUES". Would i fish with these guys again,( yes in a heart beat.)

19. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    i enjoy taking new people fishing santee i have took at least fifty so if any brothers or sisters want to go to santee let me know.

20. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I have more fun watching someone else catch something, than if I had myself, especially if they're a newbie.

I called my buddy's son(13yrs) last week & asked him if he wanted to go, the place is only a few miles from his house, he said that he had friends over & that he wasn't sure. I told him that we can take his friends too, I have plenty of poles & bait etc. He said that he would call me later.

I wasn't fishing 5 min & caught my PB, 29-7/8 lbs, which I have to post the pics of. I called him right away & his dad brought him & his friends. They had a blast we caught about 9 more decent ones. It was a shame he wasn't there, he could have caught the fish:sad2: .

Next time I call, I'll bet he goes:eek:oooh: :big_smile: