taking off at dawn, hold my calls.

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Swampfox., Jun 20, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    well gents i plan on being on the water at dawn. told my wife not to call me when im on the water, seems she cant find anything around the house around the time the fishin starts to pick up. well atleast thats been the trend. my last outting, she called four times. nothing important just need to know where somethig was. on the fourth call, it was to tell me she located whatever it was :angry: I love my wife, but come on. well the bites been slow for a couple of weeks now and i cant take it no more i gotta locate some fish. taken three cat rods and two bass rods just in case. seems like everytime i go catfishin, the bass are popin'. i'll be ready in the morning for whatevers biting. i'll report back with some pics of my catch. leaving the phone in my truck :wink:

2. BAYOU-FLATHEAD

BAYOU-FLATHEAD New Member

State:
    AR
    We are heading out early Sunday to fish the river around Port Allen. They said they are starting to pick up, I will let yall know.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    well i getup this morning and jumped in my truck and CLICK no ignition. so here i am loaded down and ready to take off and i got battery trouble. come to find out it was a broke off end on the negative cable. so i spend most of the morning fixing the problem. i recall someone telling me about murphys law once before and decided not to just rush on down to the lake and get in maybe a fraction of the fishin i was planning to do. not to mention its been scorching here. the heat just zapped me for the day so i did a few" honey do's" for my lovley love and earned some brownie points. my plan is to hit it hard in the morning: i know its fathers day, but my boys and i worked it out where we doing our thang today:wink: soooo i will give it another shot and will get back with a report.

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    ok so its about 4 am and i cant sleep a wink. whatchin some buck mcneely drinkin a pot of my wifes finest coffee, you know that high dollar stuff. do you realize coffee cost more per gallon than fuel. sorry just a thought. well im leaving about 5;30 and i cant wait. man i hope its a good day. taking some pictures on this trip, i'll share with yall when i get back.

5. Dog-dog

Dog-dog New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Swordman, Flathead did you guys do any good? I fished for bass Saturday not one hit.

6. BAYOU-FLATHEAD

BAYOU-FLATHEAD New Member

State:
    AR
    We caught a few, but nothing to show off. My boys said it was getting too hot. Next time it will be a solo mission. We did get there pretty late and it was already steaming. I am going back next weekend and I will be ready.

7. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    yeah Roy it was hot, i could only stand it about six hours. bite is still off. only caught 3 bulls in the two pound range. i turned them loose. it was a beautiful day on poverty point Res. no heavy boat traffick, only saw four other boat trailers at the ramp when i got there. usually there is about sixty or so. i guess some one knew something i did'nt. i did manage to get one hell of a tan today. took some pic of my spot on the point. they call it the jungle, its the remainder of a wooded area when the Res was flooded in. lots of structure, usually produces: for the exception of today. i'll get some photos up soon.

8. scrantny

scrantny New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    did you get out there and catch a bunch?