taking my yearly vacation

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by Monsterkat11, May 17, 2009.

1. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my family are from iowa, i even consider earlville my home town. i'll be coming down on saturday. plan on hitting the cedar river in cedar rapids, and guttenberg.

any tips on the cedar river area in cedar rapids? we used to fish it when i was young in urbana for channel, used stink bait, now that i'm older and got more sense i know i could be fishing it for flatheads. fresh cut, live etc. no more stinkbait! lol

P.S. we'll be doing both bank and boat fishing

2. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Water temp should be around 60 or so. I'd stick to a dam and hope to hit that magic 1/2 hour.

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    The flatties are hitting live baits now. Keep them small until the water is around 70 degrees

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Too bad ya wasnt round the last weekend of july fer The bridge Brothers gatherin or the Power House here the first weekend of July it would be a treat to have ya ...good luck on the cedarChannel bite on the sipp is out of control and were starting to hit flatts & blues ...bite is gettin real aggressive ya will prolley do well let us know and be safe out there ...TIGHT LINES and have a good one

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    first wekend of august...opps