Taking Madison to the ER at Childrens...

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jun 28, 2007.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Please say a prayer for Madison. Wife is packing and we are heading to Childrens Hospital in Columbus. She developed what we thought was poison ivy over the weekend. We took her to the ER Sunday and they said it was a rash.

Overnight the drugs they gave us for her was not working and she was just not being Madison.

Wife took her to her Doctor on Tuesday and they said it was a coupld spider bites. They gave her different drugs and told us to keep an eye on her.

Well, she has got a little worse every day so today Mandy took her back to the doctor. She still has the spider bites but also a skin infection now because of the bites. They prescribed stronger drugs and ointment and did a culture of her bites. They said that if she was not responding by tomorrow and the temp of the breakout did not fall then she would be admitted to the hospital.

Tonight her breakout is even worse and she is doing nothing but crying. This is heartbreaking as she is suffering and there is nothing that is helping. We are about to head up to the hospital.

Hopefully they will be able to do something. Keep her in your prayers please. If anyone needs me feel free to call 614-989-4170.

Tea

2. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Brother you got it!! Let us know how that ANGLE is doing!!

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Sorry to hear about Madison Matt,she will be prayed for and thought about brother.

4. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    You are beinbg sent prayers form Iowa Good Luck
    Sharon

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    prayers sent from Arkansas.

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Here are a few pics from tonight.

Thanks again everyone.

Attached Files:

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    prayers sent for you all Tea,hope all turns out well soon

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Matt, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm praying for that sweet baby to heal quickly; I know it breaks your heart for her to be so miserable. We will all lift her up to God for knowledge for the doctors & for healing for Madison. Hang in there, & keep us posted. God loves you.

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Praying for daughter's speedy recovery.

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Prayers sent from Illinois. I hope she gets better soon.

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Prayers sent for Madison, those bites look painful. Let us know as soon as you can how she is doing!!!

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Matt, please let us know what's going on bro. I don't like the look of those places (rash), that's scary. She couldn't have been bitten by THAT many spiders, so perhaps it's an allergic reaction to the spider venom (thus the skin infection). My mom was bitten by a brown recluse in the past, so anything like this causes concern for me. And poor l'il Madison. I hope they figure out what's goin' on, and SOON. Positive thoughts and prayers from NC buddy.

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Prayers being said for your little girl.Hope the doctors get it figured out so she'll get better real quick.Just keep us informed on her progress.

14. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Prayers sent from southern California, I hope she is feeling better soon

15. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks everyone for the prayers. It means the world to the wife and myself.

After a long, long, long night at Childrens Hospital we "think" we have an answer.

We got there and waited forever in the waiting room just like every other trip I've had in my life to the hospital. It is the best around but clear your scheadule if you ever go. You are gonna pay rent by the time you leave.

Once they took her back to get her vitals her temp and blood pressure and such were good. The nurse took a look at her and said, wow. She said it looked like possible infection after the spider bite, or, some sort of poison ivy or oak.

Another nurse then came over and said it kinda looked like different stages of chicken pox, or shingles. She then put us in quarantine.

We were there for a few more hours until an attending resident came in and took a look. She then said, "it looks like possible poison ivy", that was her expert opinion. She wanted to get the attending doctor though to take a look at it.

The doctor came in and did the most thorough examination and consulted many pictures and asked many questions.

We went through the gammat of doctor visits and different medicines they gave her. He was perplexed. He said the good news is that there are good rashes, and bad rashes. This was a good rash. Which meant from what he can see it will be treatable without any danger in the future.

They ended up diagonosing her with "Papular Urticaria". Which they basically told us that it started as a spider bite. When we took her to the ER to get checked out Saturday and they gave us "sulfa" to give her. They think she is allergic to that and why the spread all over her body. They said people react differently to different things. They said it may get worse before it gets better but not to be alarmed. As long as they do not reach her mouth, eyes, joints, or private parts to not be alarmed.

They took her off the Zyrtech for 2 days and she is on a 6 hour regime of Benedryl. She also has to keep takeing the steroid that she is on.

So, we are sure hopeing that this is what is causing all the issues. I'll keep ya posted and got to get to work. Wore our and just got to get through this day so I can get some rest.

I appreciate the prayers and PM's. Yall mean the world to me. Madison will grow up one day and see how wonderful yall are. Mommy and daddy sure appreciate it though.

Thanks again.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Prayers will continue to be sent!!!

17. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Poor little things.. Our thoughts and Prayers are with Ya'll

18. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    prayres are sent from nebraska tea ole buddy.. i hope she gets back to normal soon!

19. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Tea, I am so sorry to hear that Madison is not feeling well. Prayers sent your way.

20. countrygirl

countrygirl New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thank you all so much for the prayers really means so much to us...