Taking Madison fishing for 1st time....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Aug 27, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have decided that I will take Madison fishing for the first time at the National Gathering. Yall have seen her grow up and I owe alot to everyone here on the BOC. I can not think of a better time to get her Barbie Pole in the water then at the very 1st BOC National Gathering.

Heck, she is probably gonna outfish daddy anyway, might as well do it in front of some of yall. LMAO

I have been waiting on this time for a long time now, just thought I would share it with yall.

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    That's an awesome plan, Tea! I wouldn't be spreadin' it around that she's gonna outfish ya though....gotta have SOME kinda dignity...it just ain't cool when ya get outfished by a little girl with a barbie pole...LOL Ahwell...I guess we all kinda figured she would, anyways... Just don't be too disapointed when she catches YOUR personal best lmao. Have a good one, buddy.

-Red

3. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey tea,my daughter's name is madison and if yours can fish like mine you are in for it. i took her this evening and she put me to shame again.i would rather see her catch them all. a smile on her face puts a bigger one on mine. just get ready to buy lots of tackle. good luck to both of you fishing.

robbie

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Tea that is a super idea. Couldn't happen at a better place than at the BOC. Really wanted to be there but not gonna happen . To much going on here .Just be sure to take lots of pictures and like I have told you many times in the past (Enjoy her youth) She will grow up so darn fast. Sounds like you are a great dad keep it up.

5. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    Tea, that's awesome!! I have a 11 year old son who I dont get to see that often, but when I do see him I take him fishing..He is now one of those kids who have the cell phone glued to his ear and always jumps on the computer to talk to his friends, but when he comes to my house, No Phone and No Computer, just me and him and the fishing poles! I think he is starting to get why I love fishing so much..

I just hope when he becomes a dad he thinks back at these times and will take his children fishing.....We need some future BOC members!!

~Hoggy

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Take a child fishing is more excitement than getting that big one in the net

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks everyone, she will be 20 month old Sept 19th. So, will have a blast and take pleanty of pics/video. Would not want to miss this for the world.

Thanks for the kind words.

8. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    This Mom just wants to say THANK YOU to all you Dad's who are taking your kids fishing. It warms my heart to hear the stories. Tea, please take lots of pics and post them. Good Luck Little Madison, show them boys how to use that barbie pole! :0a18:

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    that is awsome tea, i beraly remember my first fishing trip but what i do remember was fightin that 2 pound rainbow trout on my little mickey mouse pole and as you can see i was hooked from then on! i hope she gets as good a first impression on fishing as i did. GOOD LUCK

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Now that's great Tea! I understand why you are getting in shape now. You will have to fight off 2 of the brothers to keep them from taking her Barbie Pole. :lol: I'm not mentioning names, but we all know who they are. Wonder if there are anymore lurking men that use Barbie Poles.

LMAO

I'm gonna get Korbin a Nemo setup. He loves Nemo and heck has already skunked me. I let him hold my pole one night and when I went back, there was a small bluegill on it, when we reeled it in. LMAO, he's sumptin'.

You'll have a blast and like previously stated, you better take pics! And lots of them!

Take care.
    Cheryl

11. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Thats great news Tea.I have two boys that are 5 and 3 years old.I have been taking them fishing since they were about 2.There's nothing better than seeing the big grin on their faces when they catch fish.

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I appreciate them.

13. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    tea that when the bonding really counts. i'm still hoping to be aboul to come. but still unsure

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Bumped to the top, so that others can watch out for those 2 members that will be lurking in the bushes trying to steal Madison's barbie pole at the NG.

LOL

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tea that just plain awesome! Enjoy her as I've said before mine are teens now.She'll be a teen before you're ready for it!!:sad2: pk powell

16. DirtyHowi

DirtyHowi New Member

State:
    va
    be prepared to be outwitted, out cast and out fished...

also be prepared to really truly honestly not care that you were outwitted, out cast and out fished. I have more fun when the boys go with me than i do when i go alone...even if i don't catch anything.

the fish we CPR, the memories last a lifetime.

17. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Went to Wally World today to pick up a few things. She seen a Sponge Bob Bobber and had to have it. So, we got the pole and bobber now. Just need the gills to show up at the Gathering.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.

18. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats great tea, i remember my little girl fishing at 2 with me. you'll both love it, even if she dont catch many. your going to be a great daddy. good luck to you both.

brother scott.

19. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That's great, Tea!! She will love it. My little girl loves to go. Hope you all have fun and keep safe, man.

20. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Best of luck brother!!!

I will always and hope my daughter will as well remember the times I took her fishing first on the bank and then in my little boat. But now since she is a freshman in HS her intrest have changed and Ol Dad isn't where it at anymore! I see less and less of her and now every thing I can do to have time with her I do!!!

Cherish these time with all your worth. You hear people say that time flys by and you daughter will gone before you know it. It's true!!! Makes me sad writing this.

Also teach here the meaning of the outdoors and true nature. They don't teach our children that in school anymore!!!!! But most of all make it fun and take her in short time periods, kids get bored fast and that will ruin her faster than anything.

Good luck! Hey when is get to be a veterin bring her on the toon and she can out fish both of us. Ashleys seat is usauly open!!!!!!!

Big Eli