Taking Family to Lake Marion on 10/17/2008

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by red1691, Oct 15, 2008.

1. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Taken Wife and kids to my Sisters, at Goat Island, Oct. 17-19, Hope we can find some good bait Thursday night. Then I hope I can put the kids on some nice cats!! :eek:oooh: Of course if we do I'll have to keep the wife from taken the Rod from the kids:crazy:, I'm just glad they like to Fish with me, Maybe when they get older they will remember the family times together!!
    Any info. on fish reports for Marion would be Greatly Appreciated!!!!:wink:

2. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Sounds like a great weekend. Anytime you get to spend out like that with the family is a blessing. My wife and 3 girls never cared for fishing. My son is 15 now and doesn't seem to want to spend time with old dad anymore. Lately most of my fishing is with my wife's kid brother. I use it to bribe him to stay straight (drug and booze problem). If he stay's straight all week he gets to go fishing with me. So far we are good for 7 out of the last 9 weeks. 2 weeks ago I got him in church for the first time in ages and afterwards he went on a 3 day bender that week. He was at the point where he had to make a descision, accept or run. He ran. I refused to let him go with me that week and broke his heart when I came in with a good catch. He's been straight since, so he goes tomorrow with me.

God Bless All,
    Steve

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good luck Ricky I havent fished up that way in a while but I believe I would concentrate on drifting in the channel that runs across the lake with fresh cut and live white perch. Good luck.

4. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ricky
    We have been catching some nice fish at the mouths of the creeks feeding off Marion for the last two weeks when the wind would let us fish. Bait has been piled up thick in these areas and the fish have been right around the creek ledges. Almost all have been in 20 ft or less right up to 5 or 6 ft. Area in front of Mill creek and Pollys landing were red hot this week...heading back tommorow.

5. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    What a trip!! not much bait cought thus. night, Friday tried several drifts and some flat lining!! no bites, 2:30 went back to house so the kids could stratch there legs. Then the cold front starts movin in, Sat. morning Rain and 59 degrees were the heck!!!! tried late Sat. into dark, wind still blowen and a little cool, still nothing, then about 5;30 am I get a Kidney Stone, go to the emergency room in Clarendon co. The good news DRUGS HELP pain, the bad news the doctor sad I had several stones in both left(the side that started it all) and some in the right Kidneys. But what a way to end a family weekend, a doped up dad, a wife who cares, and kid that helped get me home safe. The way the wife drives its a good thing I was doped up and layin down!:sad2:

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Ricky, sorry you all had such a rough time:sad2: I hope you are feeling better and will come back soon. It was a slow bite everywhere I believe.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you. Sounds like a good family story to tell at future events! Our prayers go out to you that you will be feeling better

8. gryan0607

gryan0607 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    next time you go you better let me know big brother, and quit putting the sqeeze play on me.