takin a kid fishin

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SWAMPRAT, May 7, 2009.

1. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yesterday i took my little boy fishin at russell's pond for a little while. he was good for about 30 minutes, the attention span on a 2 yr old is very short, but before he quit paying attention we caught 6 or 7 bream. he still cant hold the bream buster by his self so i had to help him, but he had fun so thats all that matters to me. heres a pic of him and his biggest bream. lets try to keep this thread going by posting pics of kids fishing:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    looks like he is going to be a boc member one day.you must be one proud papa.

3. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's awsome man! I take at least one of my kids with me on every fishing trip. Most of the time both of them go with us. What you got to understand is that you are taking the kid fishing. Not going fishing with a kid. Make sure they have fun even if the bite is off and the snages are many.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I love to take kids fishing. I would rather see a child reel in fish than me ever catch another 1. Keep up the good work Brian.

5. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Brian - What a good daddy! It takes a special kind of patience to take a two year old fishing. I'm very impressed. I have a three year old, and I have to say that when he comes along on fishing trips with his bigger brothers, he still just plays spectator. And works hard on scaring away the fish and playing with the bait/catches in the bucket.

You have inspired me. Next time we end up water side, I'll make sure he has a pole, too.

And I think it's a great idea to post pics of kids fishing. I love to see them, and my boys would love to look at this thread, too.

We don't have many shots on here that have not already been posted, but the one of a single child is my son, Sidney, who is the most committed fishermen out of my children. He fished all night at Wateree dam with his Dad, and only caught this one. Still, he said he had a great time.

The other pic is of two of my boys and my niece. My boys spent a lot of time fishing this creek, even though the fish in the pic is about as big as you're likely to catch. (Bait for Daddy.) But it was within walking distance of the house.

Attached Files:

6. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    One day we need to have a BOC kids gathering.

7. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Here's my girls, way back about 2000.

Now here's a current picture of both my girls, eleven and fifteen.

Attached Files:

8. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    A couple more current pics,one of Megan and one of Chaz,which is a good friend of mines son.

Attached Files:

9. BigTex

BigTex New Member

State:
    SC
    My son Tyler is 9 and Kaitlyn is almost 3 and they love to fish as long as it is in a boat. Kaitlyn can fish all day long even if she doesnt get a bite, I think she might like it better than me.

Attached Files:

10. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Alright, Brian, since you inspired me to have my 3 year old participate in our next fishing trip, I took him along on a trip to a lovely little pond with his big brothers this past weekend.

He didn't have a rod, so we headed to WalMart for the Spiderman rod that he's had his eye on for months. When we got there, however, the only rods left for the little ones was a pink and purple princess rod. He stood staring at that almost empty display case, frozen. When I told him that the Spiderman rods were gone, he sighed and said "Ok, then, Diego?" I broke the bad news that those were gone, too. Also the Bob the Builder and the Cars ones, when he asked for those. He took a deep breath and looked up at me, a slim little hope left in his voice and said "D-D-Dora?"

Alas, the princess rod was the only option. But he got over the disappointment pretty quickly, since he was getting to go fishing.

We had a great time - it was a beautiful place to spend the day. We had to fight the lilly pads (broke a line two minutes after we got there) but the scenery made up for it.

The little fella did much better than I expected - he fished for quite a while with out a bite before he got bored with the process. No bites came in at all until about an hour and a half before we left, and then my bigger boys each caught two - three keepers.

My oldest caught the biggest, but almost lost it when it got tangled in the lilly pads near the bank. After fishing all day with out a bite, though, he wasn't about to let that fish go, so in he went. The first picture is of him trudging out with his hard-won catch.

The second picture is my middle son, Spencer, and one of his bream, and the third is all three of my boys plus one of their friends just as we were about to leave. The Princess rod is shinning in it's pinkness. (His daddy just LOVES that I got him that.)

All and all, a great day.

Attached Files:

11. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Swamprat i,m proud of u for starting this thread ,its nice seeing the kids getting into & enjoying fishing ,thats so much better than video games all the time.
    i guess i need to borrow the nieghbors kids an take them fishing since by baby is 27 ,just married an being smart waiting on kids a few years. Ijust hope i can still take his childern fishing when they do have some
    Grandkids something to look forward to; oh by the way we would not think ,of SPOILING them

12. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    NOW THATS FUNNY.I LOVE TAKING MY LITTLE ONE FISHING.HE IS SIX NOW AND HAS CAUGHT SOME NICE FISH SO FAR MOST OF THE TIME I CHASING HIM AROUND TRYING TO MAKE SURE HE DOES NOT GET HURT I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL HE GETS ENOUGH PATIENCE TO SIT AND WAIT FOR A BIG ONE.

13. Nightstalker 424

Nightstalker 424 New Member

State:
    California
    Hey Guys and Gals. Dropping in to say hi from California! I used to live in Darlington and Anderson before moving to California. I miss S.C. alot, great people and awesome fishing! I attached a couple of pics of my little bear catching fish out here!

Attached Files:

14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I take mine about 80 percent of the time. Atfirst, he was the same way with the attention span, but he's gotten better since two. Now he is four and it gets better evertime, espiecially if ur catching fish.