Take your parents catfishing!

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by copycat, May 11, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Today turned out to be a special day. My wife and I took my parents (my mother and step father) catfishing and we had a ball! I think we all need to do this more often if givin the chance. It took a little while to find the cats, but we found em. Check out the pics!

Attached Files:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That is really cool,thanks for sharing!!!

3. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Tom, that was great. I apreciate you sharing with us.

My dad passed away a couple years ago. About two months before he died i took him to the river catfishing. He caught a 35# blue cat. That was the biggest and the last fish he ever caught. I'll never forget his smile when he landed that fish. It was a day I'll cherish for the rest of my life.

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Tom looks like y'all had a good time. It's nice to see a parent take a kid fishing and also great to see "the kid" take the parent. Thanks for sharing.

5. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tom, good message. An important thing to remember though. Take YOUR parents fishing. DO NOT take your significant others' parents fishing. :lol: It's just not worth it unless you want to break up or go to jail for throwing someone overboard. :tounge_out:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Way to go Tom! Thanx for sharein!

7. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive tried to get dad to go fishing but he has the attention spane of a year old. we go to the river to fish and the next thing i know hes off talking to everyone within a half mile. its still good to be with him even if he wont fish

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Thanks for sharing spend as much time as you can with them as they leave us way to soon.
    my dad passed away in 2002 we were plaing to go trout fishing but he got sick with cancer and died 3 months later so i never got to take that last one with him. but i cant complain he wa around for 86 years and i have a ton of great memories of fishing with him.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: great pics tom. looks like you all had a great time. least the ones holding the fish did. spend as much time as possible with them while you still can. GOD BLESS

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good post. Parents do leave us too soon. I wish my dad was around for some more fishing and bonding. Nice!

11. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    thats great taking people out their on the water.i like introdusing new people