Take your kid to the Muskingum River!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, May 26, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i remember being a child and getting so excited when my dad or uncle would take me to the muskingum river. i guess that might be why im so addicted not only to fishing today, but to the river itself. now that i think back on all the fishing and boating trips i really don't appreciate or care much about what we caught, in fact i can't remember any outstanding days or nights fishing lol, but, it is the opportunity to get to spend time with my dad, or uncle doing something we all enjoyed. as a kid it was all about fishing of course. the appreciation of the trip didn't occur to me until i was older and now see how life consumes us everyday with work and family. but i feel that it was a major stepping stone to my development of becoming an adult. i know this is a different thread for me, and some of you really don't care to read this. but, im just writing to say that i get the opportunity tom. to pass something on that was given to me. my wife, and i are taking our young daughter out on the river for her first trip ever, and the first of many trips fishing on the muskingum. im just as excited as my dad or uncle probably was to take me as a kid..:smile2:

2. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Hey what a thoughtfull post . I agree its time for all of us to stand up and say this is the year i take my kids , family , neighbor kids fishing. I dont have very many good memories of my father who just went home to be wit the lord on the 17th but the ones I do have are of fishing

3. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good post Jason and a very valid point. Even if its not your kid take the time to take any child fishing. They will love it even if your never get a run.

4. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    most of my memories of when i was younger was fishing with my dad and uncle as well. That is what it's all about when it gets down to it, sure, we might remember some of the big fish we catch, but more than anything, down the road we'll remember the trips with the people that were with us....nice post..

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Great post! I am blessed with one of two children that loves to go fishin with her dad! I'm going to enjoy it now til she hits her teens!

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    a couple of pictures from today, we all had a goodtime, maybe we can stay out and fish more next time. lol

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sure we like to read this kind of stuff. It's the only way we know if your growing up or not! lol Looks like you are on your way.:big_smile:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you're right jack...i'm growing up!:lol: if u keep catchin all em big cats, you'll be known as one those ole cat guys... we can call you flathead jack! you will be known countywide! lol

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The first time my dad took me fishing was at the muskingum river. I caught a northern pike on a nightcrawler, the fish was about 24 inches long, near the island at the sixth street bridge. I can still remember that like it was yesterday. Now I take my brothers 4 boys out a couple times a year. They have caught drum, carp, channels, flatheads and a few big turtles over the years. I love to see them get all excited about going then actually hook into something they will remember.