Take Kids Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blade4130, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    About two weeks ago I took one of my best freinds son out catfishing. My best freind has never been a fisherman, but he has taken them out camping a few times and tried to learn how to fish due to his kids. Drake, the one I took out absoluty loves to fish. His two brothers have a freind that lives in the country near Richmond Mo and they are always teasing him with fish that they caught. On a vist to see my best freind Drakes brother Payton was bragging about his two pound catfish that he caught and really teasing Drake to death about it. Drake said that he would love to catch something that big so I told Drake that this weekend I promise you that you will get that fish. <lol> the night before I was asking god to please not let this kid down and he answered.

I drove down to Richmond to pick up Drake. We headed off to fish Blue Springs Lake and then afterwards have a night of him beating me on every single game on the playstation 3 <lol>. Drake not only beat his brother by three pounds with his five pound channel, but got a real nice stringer of cats. His brothers are now in envy of him as he is now the grand fisherman <lol>. Funny how things have now turned around for the little brother. Now when they go fishing that pond they are always asking Drake to go along.

This is Drakes big catch that night:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Great post!! Kids are the future and introducing kids to the outdoors will keep them out of trouble.

3. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    :smile2:I always like to see kids fishing and camping.great post!! here are my kids fishing a little bit

Attached Files:

• 090.jpg
      090.jpg
      File size:
      30.1 KB
      Views:
    • 109.jpg
      109.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    <lol> your kids were having a blast. Those pictures are great:smile2:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing. I really love to take people out for the first time......................Heck even for adults they turn into little kids when they catch that first big one!

6. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    I know I sure turned into a little kid with a huge smile last night catching the first pb blue fishing with Tom. Like you he had a blast putting me on to my first big blue.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    good going brother and reps to ya for a good deed:cool2:

8. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Take a kid fishing! The memories will last a life time.....

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks Don. That is my signature.

10. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    congrats on the catch.I will always take my kids fishing,the more they know,the more responsible fishermen (and women) they will be later in life great thread
    :smile2: