Take care of those teeth!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by paleocaver, Jul 10, 2006.

1. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I wish I could turn the clock back 10 years and take better care of my teeth. You younger guys and gals, make it a habit of visiting the dentist twice a year. I have a big fear of dentists and let that keep me from getting some needed work and now it's more or less and emergency and will cost me mega bucks my family could use towards better things. Todays dental techniques are nothing like those of 25 years ago when I had some traumatic visits. It's about painless and much cheeper to do preventive maintenance than to pay for it later.

Just some words of advice.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Agreed brothr. I am the only one in my family that has all of mine and thats thanks to the wife and making me go. lol

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother, I hate the dentist. Last 2 times I had fillings they did not numb me right. Have not been back in 4 years or so. I had a deep clean done last time I was there.

I may get over my phobia one day, who knows.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I definielty take care of my teeth. I'd like them to be there for me when I'm older.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Tea I had one of those Deep Cleaning I didnt mind it that much but I like the dentist :big_smile_2:. I really dont mind if they dig deeper I figure its for my own good and the pain doesnt really last that long

6. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I agree, I went too long without going to the dentist, when I finally did I had 14 cavaties and needed 2 root canals.:crazy:

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    man, evertime I go they hurt me :sad2: :eek:oooh:

8. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I just went three weeks ago and had one pulled, nothing to it but sure hated to lose a tooth.

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    good post scott, thats one of my worst fears to loose my teeth...I would like even more like a freak if i didnt have teeth...LOL

10. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Good advice reps for it.

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I have been going at least twice a year since I was little, I am a little bit scared for some reason about the dentist, but do fine everytime I go. I do agree that taking care of them is important.

12. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ya'll guys are a bunch of "
    CHICKENS" My teeth are perfect, their straight, their brite, and if they ever hurt, I just put them in a glass of water in the bath room and go to sleep...............hu....steve

13. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Good advice you can tell by my aviator that I followed that Suggestion to a tee! L.O.L.J.D.Straka P.S The only good thing about them Choppers now is that I can eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.:sad2:

14. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I hate the dentist i went about 6months ago and I had a filling and i dont think he filled in the whole cuz now when i eat anything and everything my mouth hurts really really bad it makes me wanna cry but I dont lol try to be a man lol.

15. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    You got me rollin' in the the floor on that one brother.I'm gonna be laughing myself to sleep tonight.

16. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    .....but seriously,from 1988 to 2000,back in my wild day's playing C/W music,I was on white crosses(speed).today I'm paying the price for it in dental disaster.It was'nt until a couple of years ago that I discovered the OTC speed I was taking was the exact same crap tweekers purchase to cook and make meth.Praise God it's no more for me!

17. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    Anybody ever saw the movie "The Dentist". It will freak you out. They also made a sequel that was even worse. Kept me from the dentist for a while!

18. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I guess your lucky in some aspects. The military makes you go twice a year for cleanings and checkups. They don't mess around. Had my last two wisdom teeth cut out here in Kuwait by Navy Docs. They want to make sure you won't have any problems that will make you unable to deploy :crazy:

SudDawg

19. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I do take care of my teeth I keep them in a jar where they wil be safe and protected

20. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I inherited bad teeth unfortunately.
    I had to have them all pulled but 4 a couple of years back...
    All at the same time....

It hurt