Take a Look at these Monsters

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by whiteriverbigcats, Oct 6, 2006.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here are a few Cats i caught in WhiteRiverLilCats backyard.. I guess it was better me to get them then some bird wanting a snack... There are a few more i think i may try and get.....

1. just a front shot

2. Notice the Quarter...

3. Even gotem a little bluegill so they dont forget what they taste like...

Attached Files:

2. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Those are some big cats LOL

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    So, when she says you got a monster......:cool2:

4. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    That is pretty cool. Can you tell what kind of cat they are??

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    well i know they are not channels and the blue died ( due to The Cat fishing ) but these here i think are just Bullheads.. but they are still cool... But i know there are flatheads in the lake so.. could be? but i will have to wait till they get bigger.. they are just to tiny to make out....

And Tea..... LMBO!!!!! How did i know you was going to have someth8ing to add... lol...

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Those are pretty cool,I'd like to have a cpl in my 55.

7. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    i have then in just 1 gallon right now and its huge for them.. the cats and 1 gill.. but i can catch them a dime a dozen.. they get stuck in a small creek in the middle of the lakes ( ponds ) and the bird useally eat them and the baby gills up all day long... But they are neat to watch and hate the light on... they suspend themselves at night when they are sleeping or whatever and when they get spooked they head for cover... But even the size that they are.. they tend to bully that little gill every now and then...

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats why I haven't put any in my tank.I know they'll kill my fish.I had a large crawdad kill my algae eater and a columbian tetra last night...needless to say that crawdad is no more.If anything ever happens to my other fish,I think I'll put a cpl small cats in it.

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I have a larger tank but in it i have a Oscar and the last time I put a small cat in there well it became lunch... so i will keep them in the smaller on till they can fend for them selves against my larger fish....... But the last few cats i got from this place got to about 6 to 8in long before the cats got them.. we have to tape the lids down now... seems to be working.. But what is catfishing it the Cats cant go fishing....lol

10. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    nice fish lol Im hoping to start a game fish tank soon-

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    One day i think im going to take some time and build an inside pond complete with a waterfall... i have it all pictured in my mind and a few drawings here andd there.. but it is going to be a big display with small windows to veiw from the bottom up... I guess so much for a two car garage..lol.. but i hope to have channels,flats, blues, gills, gar, bass, ect.. just a number of all kinds of things.. maybe even my own turtle...

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
  13. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Those are some monsters!! Great find...I used to see schools of small bullheads like that in this pond i used to fish years ago...they'd stay close to the bank...it was cool seeing that school of bullheads since I'd never seen them that small before...saw them for a couple years then never saw them again...wonder what happened to them. Those pics make me wish I would've put them in my aquarium.

P.S.- Good luck with that inside pond..if you ever get it lemme know...I'll come fish in it for you :)

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    sure will.... Im thinking i want just to gawk at but i know i will end throwing a line in every now and then...lol

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    those will be good eating some day :lol:

but you should be able to tell if their flatheads iv caught them before in the cast net that were 2 inchs and they at that size are still recognizable

16. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've got a bullhead in my tank and sometimes I check it out and wonder if I can predict how good the fishing will be by how it's acting. Nothing conclusive yet has been determined.

17. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Nice little Kitty's- they may be monsters one of these days. By the time they get big enough to protect themselves then the bigger fish will become lunch for them too!!!

18. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    lol, man i thought i was the only one . who liked to put wild fish in my tanks. last summer . i took an old pool. that hadent been used in a couple years. and turned all the pumps and filters on. after a couple days water cleared up. so i started putting fish into it . about 3 dozzen minnies from the bait store to start. then about 50 blue gills and gold fish . then i put 3 nice channel in and a couple bullheads. i'd say in early , early spring i started all this . not summer. but anyway it ran all summer and almost into winter. and when i went to drain and tear down. we had hundereds of gills . the minnies reprodruced in great numbers. the gold fish was hudge. we found only a few 2 or 3 inch bullheads.and about 6 baby channels. odd though , all but one original channel cat was left in it . figured i wouold find it when it was drained. but any way i kept a few channel in a tank until they was about 12 inches. sold them. then i got 2 very small large mouth bass about 1 inch . and kept them until about 12 inches . oh also i had 2 peacock bass i di the same way. but my favorit was my 18 inch tiger shovlenose catfish. they live in the amazon , get like 5 feet long. it was bad ass.my buddy wanted it so he put it in his pond. haven't found it yet. so it still may be alive. but all those fish reproduced in only about 2.5 feet of water. tore it down and got ride of the fish. in a little drainedge pond.

19. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I had bullheads in a tank inside they were about 3-5 inches when I got them I feed the feed goldfish That was the hi light of my day watching them tear up some dinner. They around 5 of them in a 50 gallon tank with a canniser filter and a top waterfall filter.

They would eat around 2 dozen a week I only feed them once a week because some would live and they could eat when they wanted to also for a snack I feed them big juicy nightcrawers they would go crazy almost jump from the tank if I held it in front of the glass to long.

Had to clean the tank completely once a month and watch the ph level very closely because the waste would build up very quickly and I talked to a lot of people and they told me to get a couple of Plecostomus Catfish because they would help rid the tank of algae and waste it worked well.

Also the bullheads grew very rapidly almost doubling in size in about 3 months or so.

Remember if you don't feed them enough them bullheads are going to start and fight with each other.

I went on a trip for a week and came back and only 3 were left and two were not completly there if you know what I meen.

Well good luck with them and with you inside dream pond.

20. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    That was pretty cool.