take a load off and relax pt. 2

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishassassin, Oct 22, 2009.

1. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    i just read bryans post about the love of fishing and it was a keeper! i couldnt agree more! i myself am 26, live alone, and dont got much to look forward to after a hard days work, except fishin. i spent my youth wreaking absolute havoc on cincinnati, and just generally bein a punk. i have looked for YEARS into new hobbies and interests to take up instead of trouble, and have really only found fishing to be for me. i never had no one show me how to fish, or where, or anything.i ended up meetin a friend of a buddy whom we met at the GMR, and watched him. granted we were there for other reasons, but watchin the kid cast and be at absolute peace with his surroundings filled me with envy. i wanted the same feeling so i bought a push button tiger shark walmart special pole for 20 bucks.... fished for 3 years and caught NOTHING. no, not even a bite.but it was in me.... it took 3 years but catchin my first cat, i was the one who was hooked! now a days pretty much the same situation...... money problems women problems family problems... but it got worse, i ended up gettin sick cuz of it. i was diagnosed as "anxious", and got prescribed medication to help me not worry and stuff, and even with that, the only thing that cools my jets, keeps me outta trouble, gives me somethin to look forward to and something ill always remember is fishing. if i woulda got out and fished when i was a teen instead of getting hammered, life could be alot easier and simple now. i love fishing. always will, and p.s. my fishing game has improved TEN FOLD since i became a member here. thank you to everyone in the BOC who's helped keep me fishin

2. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Brandon..................Thats awesome dude..............i glad to hear that fishing has got you headed down the straight and narrow now...........fishing is definitely one hobby that cant get you in trouble unless of course youve got a girlfriend that gets jealous because you spend too much time fishing !!!!
    :big_smile:

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I love the story. I too have been diagnosed with anxiety, and fishing is definitely the way I relax. Sometimes the 8 hour solo fishing trip is the only way to get your shit together. It is also cool that I can go to a river, start fishing, and strike up a conversation with any other fisherman there for hours at a time. We are our own breed. The girlfriend definitely hates the hobby though. Good luck with your fishin' and keep it going.

Catfish Rob

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats to you Brandon on turning your life around for the best! I know its easy to take a turn for the worst but keep your head up and stay strong brother. I know alot of people judge about peoples past but there are still good people in this world willing to forgive and forget. People change and it sounds like you have made your mind up to do so! Good luck in life and fishing!

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    great to hear! im with ya, it hink fishign is what kept me out of jail in my teenage years

7. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    H2O Mellon........ holly sh%^:crazy: i want that for bait did ya catch anything on it ? 1 hell of a glodfish ...sniper