Take a Kid fishing!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flathead willie, May 21, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    OK, OK, enough about all you old cat hunters. What have you done for the future anglers lately? I haven't heard any of you pros talking about teaching the kids to fish. Lets hear about how the young folks are doing and see some pictures of them catching fish.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Billie,
    I can't wait for my "Little Heartbreaker" (My Grandaughter Shaina), to be old enought to take out on the water with me. :smile2:
    :006:
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

Attached Files:

4. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    About a month ago, last time I was home, took my youngets daughter out, she caught 5, I do not have the pictures here with me, but you can bet I will post as soon as I have them. What a joy to watch her:smile2: , she was thrilled!:smile2:

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Oldest of six kids last true fisherman in the family i try but sometimes i lose my patience just wish grandpa was still around to do it he had that special way of gettin ya hooked

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My profile pictures show my son and I last year after catching a mess of catfish at Dillon Lake.

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You ain;t by yourself.I am awaiting too.I see these kids on here and it brings back many good times and memories.Aint it great!!THANKS for sharing.peewee-williams

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Bert you got a sweetie there, I take my oldest son out he is 7 everytime I go will start taking younger son out also he is 4 when he is better behaved (ya when will that happen LOL).

9. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    i got two girls 2 and 3 and you can bet when they get older i will have them up and down the river banks with a pole in there hands. i want them to enjoy fishing as much as there old man does. Even right up to the time they get married ( as long as they dont marry one of those ba$$ fisherman) :big_smile: :big_smile:

10. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i got a nephew and hes not quite two but believe me once that kid can talk good enough to fish im going to take him. then that'll be the only word he'll know

11. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    heres a pic from today of our youngest who is now 5. She loves to fish and we had a blast. Aren't those pumpkinseeds just beautiful??
    sunfish1.jpg

12. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
  13. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    You're gonna have a great little fishin' buddy there!

14. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    That's my 8-year-old in my profile picture, holding the 17lb blue cat he caught a couple of weeks ago. He and I fish all the time. His sister is 6 and she's chomping at the bit, waiting for her chance to go out on the water with me -- unfortunately, its a 2 hour drive to the lake and I know she won't last more than an hour or so once we get on the water, so it'll be another year or two before she gets to go. I try to take her to some local ponds when I can and that seems to make her just as happy.

I'm also active in a local Cub Scout pack and was the organizer of the annual Fishing Derby a couple of weeks ago - we ended up with about 25 scouts and almost as many family members fishing, and I think everybody who had a line in the water caught something.

15. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    We took our grandson fishing two weeks ago and he loved it. He is 4 and has his own snoopy pole that he can cast like a prow. Were fishing in the canal and he caught his first fish. Hadn't had his line in the water more than a minute and he caught his fist fish, a Chanel that was less than a pound. Then he caught a small gar and a crab. The bad thing is that we did not have the camera with us for his first fish. That wont happen again. He is defiantly going to be a fisherman and wants to go all the time.

16. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, it's great seeing a kid catch his or her first fish. It's a lot better then having them hooked on all that other crap that's out there. I've organized several music events around here but I think I'll switch up and organize a kids fishing day next.
    Hey guys, don't forget to get on here and show them the pictures of them and their fish on the computer when you get a chance. It will tickle them to know that the whole world knows that they can fish. Maybe we aught to start a kids photo gallery on BOC. What do you think?

17. ltbball

ltbball New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I took my sons out this weekend. They had a great time catching small channels and bluegill. The youngest, who is 3, caught the most. He was catching one bluegill after another.:smile2:

18. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

i cant wait for my sis to get older so i can take her fishing but thats going to be awhile

19. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well my kids are grown. I have a friend that has a 3 1/2 year old boy that went out with us trout fishing in early March. He was a trooper in the cold weather and had a blast. We would get them hook and then let him reel'em in. His grin went from ear to ear. He told his dad that he can't wait to catch a catfish. I'm probably looking forward to that more than he is.

20. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    My cousin came up from Irving Texas last summer with his two boys aged 8 and 10. The ten year old has Cerebral Palsey and can't see very well. They had never been fishing before and really wanted to go. I took them to the river next to the house where they could stand on a point and cast in almost any direction and hit water. I had a great time watching them catch a bunch of Bluegill, Red Eye, and Smallmouth. The youngest one even caught a musk turtle that he wanted to keep for a pet. I convinced him that it would be much happier in the river. Now every time I talk to them they ask me if their turtle is still there and if they can go fishing the next time they are up this way. I know that after I'm dead and gone they will still think about the times cousin Billie took them fishing. I think I had more fun then they did and I didn't even fish!!