Take A kid fishing

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Nov 29, 2009.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Well My Day started out with the weekend honey do's After the fourth or fifth time i told her it was a beautiful day outside it set in and she told me to go fishing...lol Little did she know me and my son Jerry already loaded the truck and was waiting for the green light:wink::cool2:

Got a call from Ol Jer and he was on the same mission.. So the youngun and I headed south.. Hooked up with Ol jer at a nice spot on the (NIPPISSIPPI RIVER) my little guy calls it...lmao:smile2:

It never fails with him.. The first 15min his rod gets to dancing nice little channel.. That got his motor going for a min. then it was back to throwing rocks:angry::confused2: About 45min later his rod goes down hard.. I knew this was a biigger fish.. He ran to the pole and couldnt get it outta the rod holder so i grabbed it.. Not thinking i felt the fish giving head shakes and thought theres no way Jerry will be able to get em in so i reeled it in for him..(BIG MISTAKE) He's using that to the tee.. He told his mom on me.. He got ice cream and cookies and im on the couch...LOL Just kidding but i feel really bad I shouldve let him tried to muscle that fish.. Man if i can do it all over again... heres a couple shots of a wonderful day on the NIPPY...lol

Attached Files:

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    more pics

Attached Files:

3. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Great pics. Cute kid. Looks like his daddy.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Yeah, He hogged all the fish too.. Dont know where he got that from:roll_eyes:... Ol jer and I didnt catch nothing but line trash

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Man that's awesome! thanks for the story Will. You an Jer did good. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures with us. With the exception of bama, havnt been fishing much. We have deer on the brain lol Lauren and I went out last week for three days and she came real close to getting her first deer but she didn't squeeze lol she had ear muffs on and couldn't hear me yellin shoot shoot shoot lol she kept saying now? Now? Now? Lmao

I'm off on Tuesday to catch up with Kutter. Were going to see what we can do to reduce northern Missouris doe numbers.

Tell your little man congrats on a great day on the water.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    [Looks like his daddy.] Boy do I feel sorry for that boy.:smile2: Sorry Willie just had to say it.
    Looks like you all had a great time on the ole river bank.[least the boy did.]:wink:
    Nice fish. Just what are you all using for bait anyways.I can't get a cat to bite even if I hit it in the head.:sad2:
    DOES YOUR SON GIVE LESSONS?????

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :confused2: Will you should be ashamed has it bin so long sins you got a fish you just had to reel little mans in lol:smile2: just teasing ya brother he look like he was having a ball thanks for sharing

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Nothing more enjoyable than doing something with the kids. Now that other guy I aint so sure of.

9. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like a great day, Willie...up until the part where you stole your son's big fish:wink:

Thanks for sharing.

10. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I was ashamed for him,It was like you took an Icecream cone away from the kid!!!
    The rod would got down Jerry would Yell-Willie runs over grabs the rod reels in the fish, Little boy holds head down and watches dad get all the Fun.
    So I tell the boy that when my rod goes down, he could reel in the fish(yea like that was going to happen) There was skunk all over my rods

11. bwwwww

bwwwww New Member

State:
    mo
    Looks like a fun day out. Jerry's mom does raise a point, although officially I would have to take your side Willie. :wink:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  12. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I am glad we didnt catch anything the day we fished together Willie. You would have just pushed me in the river and took the fish for yourself. Wow man, that is cold. :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Bob it was UGLY, not a pretty site to see-and the sad part is he let the boy hold the fish and pose for the pict. but the "thrill of the catch"--that was all Willies.

14. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Oh! My! I am so glad I didnt have to witness such a display. I dont know if my heart could have taken it. And you think you know someone. :wink:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO. Hes probably teachin that youngan how to play Texas Hold Em, all the while taking his money from him too :smile2::wink:

Reminds of the scene from Stripes with John Candy :smile2:

16. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Good going willie, now I wish I would of went with you.

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Man, You guys are cold just cold...lol O, He's still learning the game of hold em..:eek:oooh::wink: So far he beat his mom outta a PSP...:smile2: Wait... She paid for it outta my wallet:crazy:, Never mind:sad2:

18. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Looks like a great day, Congrats:big_smile:

19. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    glad to see someone was catching cats. I have been skunked 6 trips in a row. :embarassed:

20. CANCATCHCATS

CANCATCHCATS New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Wille it just don't get better than that. You and your boy will never forget days like yesterday.
    My childern are grown up and got kids of there own but I can tell you about almost every fish they cought. You and your wife are blessed with such a fine looking boy.