Take A Kid Fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Alabamacatman, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    When was the last time you took a kid fishing?Did you get Smiles ,laughs or cries?

2. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's been a couple of weeks since my main fishing partner, my daughter, has been fishing with me. When she does go, it's smiles and laughs.... I do know that one day there will be cries..... I'm fortunate, well I guess she's fortunate, that as much as she does fish with me she hasn't caught a hook or a fin... Then I'll be crying too.....

Taking a kid fishing is one of the greatest joys that anyone can do. Not only do they learn, you learn from them. In addition to passing on the knowledge and skill of fishing, I think it also builds character. I couldn't imagine my daughter not fishing with me!

3. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    I feel the same way.I have 3 girls that love the outdoors hunting and fishing...But it is so much fun to watch them catch fish...i dont even have to put a rod in the water anymore to have fun..they love to cut the bait sometimes torture the bait..lol and even cleaning fish...To my kids taking fish out the grease is like taking cookies out the oven to most kids,,,lol

4. SnagHatr76

SnagHatr76 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Over Labor Day weekend went fishing with my buddy his wife and their two kids. His girls had a great time catching bluegills and bullheads. There were a ton of smiles and laughs it was a lot of fun to watch how excited they got.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Took my daughter out on the free fishing weekend here to a chamber of commerce sponsered fishing derby. She had fun caught some fair sized carp ,but narrowly missed the big fish trophy this year. so we had :big_smile::angry:

6. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    A great thread. I love to see kids take interest in the outdoors. Beats Video games anyday. I have a great-grandson and we fish together every chance we get. Best fishing buddy I have ever had bar none. It is laughs and giggles and big storys from the time we leave home until we return. I don't feel safe taking him on the river yet as he is only 4 and I really dcan't respond as fast as I use to in case of an accident. Maybe next year. But our trips for bluegills even if only up to the pond beats any catfish trips I have ever had. Only a PawPaw will understand

Attached Files:

7. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    You got that right ..Lets hear it for the paw paw's

8. bullfish

bullfish Member

State:
    dunkirk ohio
    took my two nefeus last week end.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thats my signature!!

10. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Last Saturday night. I took my 5 y/o daughter. She lasted two hours.

"I am cold, I am tired, I am hungry, I have to pee, I pooped my pants..." :smile2:

11. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Took my girls fishing a couple weeks ago..We've been getting al lot of rain here lately but I teach and work with kids all the time with the catfish club I work with..

Attached Files:

12. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    Took my son this past friday night !! Mom went with us for the first time in a while and we got skunked !! My son said she jinked us!!:smile2::smile2:
    Then we went back sunday afternoon ( just the boys) and caught several blues.

Alabamacatman has got 3 girls that I would put up against any 3 boys there same age. They can out shoot, fish, trap, climb, fight and wade most any boy !! All of them are as cut as they come.
    my son told me on the ride home after spending an afternoon over at his house a week ago. " If anything was to happen to you and momma......I want to go stay at Mr. Jody's House. "

I just dont know if it was for the fishing and hunting ..OR THE GIRLS !!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    Thanks Redbone
    I know that you and several others on here know that it is a special find of joy when you have taken time with your kids and get to see them enjoy the outdoors and have fun and then they want to start taking their friends and show them how to have fun in the outdoors..I think I'll add a Friends Album on my profile tonight to go along with the other pics..