Take A Kid Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    A few Flatheads the kids have caught.

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Way to put the kids on the fish Paul. Those are some nice pics.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good lookin kids and some nice fish. Thanks.

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    The time you share now will come back to you ten fold by your children!

5. shovelhead71

shovelhead71 New Member

State:
    georgia
    Been riding Harlies since 62 - just sold my 32nd bike (HD) also 1 of 1300 made (just history here)
    I have 4 grandsons and oldest 7 - I bought a used fibre glass jon boat after selling this HD. Has 3 elec motors and a 3.0 gas. Looking forward to after over 21 years of non fishing to take these boys out and learn all over again - what a better way - CATFISHIN - no regrets and found this site at work today and what a better way to start a future. Please excuse any stupid posts as we all started some place.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OUTSTANDIN! Nothin like it. THANX! Do it all the time myself and enjoy it alot.

7. hoth2o

hoth2o New Member

State:
    Georgia

Amen to that! Your children will not remember things you gave them, but rather time you spent with them! Bravo on the fish and the kids!

8. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Those boys are smiling big for those pictures. Next time my wife dresses the kids up in their Sunday closes for photos, I'm going to pull out a big'ol Flathead to cheese'em up a little. :roll_eyes:

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those are some great looking fish and some happy kids, congrats

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G

11. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    welcome to the boc and good luck fishing bro

12. shovelhead71

shovelhead71 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I appreciate the thumbs up - 57 yrs old now and we use to go to Canada every year as kids- friends of the family owned Twilight Lodge at Batchawana bay and the Montreal River. We use to port canoes for the guests as kids - bear hunt w/bows (no firearms) and my father was one of the first dealers to sign on with Bear Archery from Grayling Mich. long history of being around TRUE sportsmen.
    Headed over to Stone Mountain Lake a have a start of a real experience with them this weekend - hot dogs been cooking for over a week now.
    Been spending time reading many of the posts here and you all sound like a great bunch.
    Let see after reading:
    Road kill for chumming (if I don;t eat it on the way)
    dynamite (in case fish are not biting)
    400 lb line and a pintle hook and a winch for reeling em in - yup - all set

13. Ryco10

Ryco10 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Paul I can't go without my boys. They absolutley love it as much as I do.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    How did I miss this thread. :cool2: It makes me feel good to see the youngins get on the bigguns. :wink:

15. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That is what it is about. Those kids will have those memories all their lives.....

16. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    From the looks of those pics I don't think you could get a prouder smile on their faces. Good fish, great times and memories with the kids, you sure can't beat that!!

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks for all your replies. The kids had a blast and I really enjoyed watching them catch em'.

18. joppawood

joppawood New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My Daughter is my best fishin' buddy. Everytime we I want to go fishing, she won't let me out the door without wanting to be by my side. When we go, she gets all the worms out of the can, gives me them till my hook is full and then puts them up where the came from. If we are jugging, she wants to and throws the jugs when she can. She is but 2 years old, I couldn't have asked for a better way to bond with my child. In front of God's love and creation.:smile2:

P.S. Your Kids are beautiful, as are the fish they catch (great memories)

19. joppawood

joppawood New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Also, Katherine want's a boat as much as (prolly more than,) I do. :0a17::big_smile_2: (Hopefully Momma reads this post)

20. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    hey Paul im still a kid will you take me fishing lol great pics thanks for sharring theam brother