TAKE A FRIEND FISHING :)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jan 17, 2010.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS IVE BEEN FISHING WITH A FAMILY THAT HAS A SPECIAL-ED SON (IF I SAID THAT WRONG IM SO SORRY BUT I DONT KNOW THE PROPER WAY TO TYPE THAT) :I

HE IS AWSOME AT CASTING , UN HOOKING THE FISH....... ONLY THING HE CANT DO IS RIG UP THE POLE.... HE HAD REALLY CHEAP ZEEEEBBBCO (NOT SLANDERING A CO.:cowboy:) REEL THAT HAD 2 DRAG SETTINGS...(FREE SPOOLING OR LOCKED )

I GAVE HIM THE COMBO WAT THAT HAD BRAID ON IT AND TOLD HIS PARENTS THE LINE COULD BE USED FOR YEARS! THEY LIKED THAT :)

AAANNNYYYWWWAAAYYYSSS.............. THE KID HAD A PROBLEM WITH THREADING THE POLE AND GETTING THE REEL READY TO FIGHT A BIGGUN :)

ONCE I TAUGHT HIM TO SET THE REEL UP AND HE UNDERSTUD WHY , THEM WE MOVED TO THREADING THE POLE.....HIS PROBLEM WAS HE WAS MISSING THE LOOP CASUE HIS HANDS WERE TO SHAKY AND HE COULDNT CONSENTRATE ON HOLDING THE TINY LINE AND SLIPPING IT THROUGH THE LOOPS (KINDA LIKE ME :rotfl:)

SOOOOO...... LAST BUT NOT LEAS I WAS TEACHING HIM MY TRICK FOR THE STRIPER FISHING I DO (THE EGALE CLAW RIG )

HE WAS USING THE CLINCH NOT AND IT HE WAS HAVING TROUBLE PUTTING STRING THROUGH REEL GUIDES .......... YEA.........

SO I TAUGHT HIM THE POLAMAR KNOW AND HE INSTANTLY PICKED IT UP !!!!!!!!!
    SO AFTER TECHING THIS TO HIM I TOLD HIM THAT HIS JOB IS TO TEACH HIS MOM WHEN HE GETS HOME....... THE NEXT DAY THEY INVITED ME TO GO FISHING WITH THEM:) ...........
    THAT BOY DID NOT LOOSE A SINGLE THING FROM THE PREVIOUS NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS A HAPPY CAMPER ALL NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS USING A TREBLE WITH A HUNK OF BAIT AND A STINGER TREBLE TO PLAY WITH THE LITTLE PESKS UNDER THE DOCK

HIM AND HIS MOM BOTH CAUGHT 5 STRIPERS AND HE CAUGHT A 5 LBER !!!!!

SO AFTER I SHOWED HIM ALL OF THIS STUFF I PRESENTED HIM WITH ANOTHER CHALLENGE.....

AFTER WE PACKED UP I TOLD HIM TO MAKE LEADERS WITH THE #7 SWIVELS AND SOME 1/0 HOOKS I HAD LAYING AROUND :)

THE NEXT DAY HIS MOM CALLED ME AND HES BEEN PLAYING WITH HIS FISHING STUFF ALL MORNING LONG AND HE ASKED HER IF THEY CAN GO SHOPING FOR MORE HOOKS AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF :Happy:

SO..... THAT MADE THE REST OF MY 2009 YEAR :)

LeRoy

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I read this to my 18 yearold daughter she said it best aww I say right on God will bless you for that

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good for you, nothin like teachin someone to do things. Good for him, he can learn how to do stuff, he will be able to do it, and not be a hassle to someone who takes him fishing. That means they will take him fishing more often. Life will be better for him and his mom, Thanks to you. And sounds like doing something nice for someone was easy enough for ya, keep it up.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kudos to you LeRoy. You have shared something which this young man will enjoy, remember and carry forever. May God Bless your for your caring and sharing ways. Stay safe and continue to aspire to inspire!!!:flag:

5. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona