Take a Brother Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by matt22va, Aug 4, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I wanted to see what everyone thought about a hook up thread. It would be a thread where people could post if they were planning a trip and had room for someone to come along or if someone had a day they wanted to go fishing but didn't have a boat, they could post to try to find a ride on that particular day. It's something I've seen work on other forums that builds networking and helps fisherman out. What do you think?

2. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Going fishing this Friday night on lake moultrie or the cooper depending on weather. I have room for one if anyone would like to go. Send me a PM. I will start catching bait about 7 and fish til 2-4 am.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thats a good idea Matt. i like networking. this would be good

4. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Very good idea Matt.Im not much for boats,but I might tag along with you one day.

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Wanted ,Will pay whatever expenses necessary. Need to get hooked up with anyone that chases the Big Boys flats or blues on the Ohio anywhere near Louisville/Oldham/Henry Co Ky. Be willing to go any day but Sunday. must know ahead of time to make arrangements.. PM me anytime with details. Thanks ahead of time.Kenny

Going to hook up with johndeernut as soon as the water permits:wink:

Lets Go catch a HOG:big_smile:

I'll post this thread over in Ky Bro, Thanks for the idea.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  6. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I like the idea, but I guess thats mainly because I don't have a boat.

7. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think its a great idea, would work good also for turnys if someone needed a partner.

8. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Well, I agree with you all and we already have a brother on the Ohio river lookin for a hookup. The chance he will find that in local south carolina talk is slim, so I will email Paul and see what he thinks. Most people don't feel comfortable just going on line and saying "Hey, will someone take me". I understand that feeling. Right now though I think we have alot of people going fishing that wouldn't mind taking someone on their boat or need someone and alot going and posting bank reports that would like to get on the water. So, overall, I think it is a Win-Win deal.

9. bone3160

bone3160 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have a poontoon I go to Greenwood about every weekend.Would like someone to show me the ropes on Monticcello.

10. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    This is an intresting post and a very good idea.

My thoughts are for those wanting to go out on someone's boat is to get on here and start posting. Let the BOC community know you are out there and that you are here for more than a free ride. I have personally been the guest on someone's pontoon and have had a few other offers that I regret not being able to take. I try to be active in the forums, and give my fishing reports when ever I go...good or bad..lol. If it is possible, go to some of the gatherings and meet some folks on here. This is the best bunch of fishermen I have met for sure. Always willing to help and alot of times willing to help even out of the fishing world. There are guys that fish by themselves and wouldn't mind some company on their boat.....other things to remember....respect their boats, try to help out as much as possible on the trip(even if it's just grabbing bait), and most of all respect your host. We all have different personalities, but as long as the mutual respect is there any of us could fish together for sure.

Just my 2 cents worth...take care.

11. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I qualify for the senior citizen discount now and I'm a little hesitant about roaming the river alone. I have a boat and I'd go more often with a partner. I don't fish in the rain or blazing hot weather, but otherwise pm me and I'd be glad to take a partner.

12. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I think this is a great way to network for a day of fun or a tourny. I have always had a boat up until a few months ago due to lay off, my boat was always open for anyone when I went. I hope to be getting another boat in the next month or so and it will be open to anyone here that wishes to go. I will gladly post on here when I have room. I have been given many invites since being a member, haven't been able to make em yet, but I am thankfull everyday that there are still people in the world who do care about the well being of one another, and are willing to help in anyway. Thats what makes the BOC better than any other club or site out there. When they say Brotherhood, it is meant whole heartedly. Thanks for the great Idea and reps to ya brother.

Steve