Take a Brother Fishing (2)

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Flamekeeper, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Matt McNulty Location: Moncks Corner SC. Started this over in the Sc State, and I know its worthy of the Ky forum as well. Thanks Matt. Kenny

This is his thread and question below that I will like to ask also. We need this,,Big time:wink:

Who can Take a Brother Fishing ?:big_smile:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to see what everyone thought about a hook up thread. It would be a thread where people could post if they were planning a trip and had room for someone to come along or if someone had a day they wanted to go fishing but didn't have a boat, they could post to try to find a ride on that particular day. It's something I've seen work on other forums that builds networking and helps fisherman out. What do you think?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Wanted ,Will pay whatever expenses necessary. Need to get hooked up with anyone that chases the Big Boys flats or blues on the Ohio anywhere near Louisville/Oldham/Henry Co Ky. Be willing to go any day but Sunday. must know ahead of time to make arrangements.. PM me anytime with details.

Thanks ahead of time. Kenny

Going to hook up with johndeernut as soon as the water permits:cool2:

Lets Go catch a HOG:big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009

3. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    hey kenny you are always welcome to go with me i was going to see if you wanted to go friday but now due to the 8 inches of rain i dont think i will be going anywhere. we will deffinately get you aout on that river to try and catch some hogs.i think a room such as one to let people know they are going fishing would be great so someone else from her might be able to tag along after all it can get boring by yourself. as soon as the river lets down you and i are gonna chace some big ones.:smile2:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I read this thread myself Kenny and certainly agree with it. Tons of folks from all states would love the chance to go fishin. Most all will gladly pay their way too. Hopefully this will spread to more states.

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Great post... sense moving back home from school, i only have a few friends left to fish with. so this could and will be great post for some of us to get our heads together to find some new fishing partners.

I'm in the Ashland area if anyone wants to PM me to get a trip together....

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    awesome idea i say the more the merrier until me and kenny hooked up i went fishing by myself all the time,which was ok sometimes but theres nothing like getting together with friends to catch some cats.And hey if you got one or two people to split expenses why not,save some cash fish with some friends,its a win win situation.
    I also live in oldham co. right down the road from kenny.:wink:

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I live in Richmond KY . If I can help anyone out let me know I don't get to fish as much as I would like but....Am willing to work out a trip to the ky river with anyone that would want to try it...WHEN the water goes down . My boat is not even good really ....trolling motor powered comfortable seat and some room don't leak no frills .....Not even a depth finder but that is what I honestly have to bring to the table . I have 3 young kids and I fish for eaters myself but for those of you that are trophy hunters the bigguns eat the same fish I do .:wink: The boat in the avitar is what you would fish out of . And the fish in my avitar is the biggest this year... An 8lb. channel. I release all fish over 10lb. I encourage others to do the same especially flats. You catch it your decision tho.... I like to jug fish as well .

8. Titus

Titus New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, Ky
    I live in Shelbyville and just got a boat this summer (Lowe 1752). I got it mainly for duck hunting, but I like to fish too. I've only had it on the Ohio River once so far and I'm no expert. So someone with some river experience would be nice to have along.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    A hookup thread would be a great idea altho in most states there is a local forum which kinda does this purpose imo.

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

:eek:oooh:Wheres the local forum for all the states at on this site anyway?:confused2::roll_eyes:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  11. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    kenny look on the home page about 1/4 way down page most states are listed :wink:

12. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Why not a place to post messages by state that says, "I'm going to ???? next Friday. Anybody want to go PM me."

13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Yes I know,this is it , right? Thats what I was trying to say in my reply above..:wink:

Pac MAN -This is the thread I started to do just that here in KY. bro.:cool2:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  14. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey guys i fish the ashland area with a boat any one else fish this area or want to?:wink:

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    One of theese days you and john can put me on some fish when I don't have kid duty . Tried to make a trip last year but it rained and john wasn't up to it so I didn't come . Maybe sometime soon .

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I'll go with ya...:roll_eyes::wink::tounge_out: I figure you need somebody to show you where all the little fish are anyway...:smile2:

I'm just outside of Ashland, no boat but will fish almost anywhere almost anytime...:cool2:

17. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    your so funny!lmao i'm going to check river in a little while if not good we could go on bait hunt:wink:

18. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This is a great Idea. I am from Tennessee but plan on making a few trips into Kentucky when i get back. I am still trying to find Lake Cumberland. There will be an extra seat in my boat many nights when i get home. I will make sure and make a post on both the TN and Kentucky sides, since i am not that far into tenn.

19. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Striper's cats or walleye's ?