Tailrace Reports please...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishmerle, Mar 16, 2008.

1. catfishmerle

catfishmerle New Member

State:
    Liberty, MO
    Staying at the Oar House Fri-Sun of Easter weekend for the first trip of the year. Excited about the weather outlook. I figure the crappie and whites should really be picking up. Has the catfish bite improved below the dam any? Think I'll try the crappie/white bite first, then the catfish bite, unless I hear something to change my mind. I'm ready to scratch that fishing itch. One way or the other, we'll catch some fish.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I've been wondering if the whites/hybrids starting biting yet also. Normally I just snag spoonbill this time of year, but I'll gladly make an exception to come up and catch a mess of those whites/hybrids below the Tailrace. :tounge_out:

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went last week and fished the old channel in the slack water for crappie and white bass. I was fishing at night using floating lights like I always do in the spring. Caught one nice white bass about 14 inches but that was all, water on Thursday was 43 degrees so its still a little cold. I'd say when it hits 50 it should make a huge difference. Good luck! Chris

4. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    If your planning on anything but snagging for spoonbill I would suggest fishing above hwy 65. Was there over the weekend and the boat trafic around the Oar house was thick. Once you get above Drake harbor you could proly ancor and fish. Good Luck Catfishmerle