Tailrace last night

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN, Aug 9, 2009.

1. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Decided to go at last minute...didnt even get to fishin until after 10pm.
    Soaked a bream on the big pole and herring on the other.One 5 lb Blue to show for it.Left about 4am and found breakfast.Talked to two guys there who also catfished on the river who had 4 fish to show for 8 hours worth.
    Is it slow or am I just in the wrong spots?:smile2:

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Brother i ain't ever done any good in the race. get up above the Dam and drift. :sad2: I believe there certain times of the yr when the bait run up river that you can find the fish in that section, probably March but you may need to talk to some guides in the area to make sure. Drift fishn on the lake always produces. :big_smile:

3. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    I dont have that option being a bank fisherman.But its all good.I fish for the joy of being at the water as much as the catching.Thats just a added bonus.Seems since Ive come back to catfishin recently....there sure isnt much water movement in there like it used to be.I dont guess they let water out as often as they used to?Im going back to the Rediversion next time and give the Tailrace a break for awhile.Besides that I want to get a Flathead and I believe my chances up there are better.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Keith the most important part is u got out to do some fish,n even if u didn,t get a lot or a bigun u still enjoyed your time fish'n :wink:

5. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Keith,
    I don't know what kind of boat you have, but I here the Edisto is the place to catch a Flathead, and alot of them. I don't think I can get my boat in there. I think it is more of a jon boat/skiff river. If you want give it a shot sometime let me know. I'm sure we can figure it out. If anyone has any info on the Edisto as far as boat accessibility, let us know.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Keith you got to go out an enjoy the fishing thats a good thing. Congrats on the cat you caught! Nothing any better then being able to sit an enjoy the night.

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Matt,I dont have a boat sir.Im strictly fishing the banks.Its all good though.

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Keith it would be nice if they would let you go out on the dam and throw a few out. That water drops off to about 50ft and the view is unreal at night. So much light up there u wouldn't even need a light:big_smile:
    I know they aren't pulling much water these days, we have the same problem on Wateree. When i'm fishn by myself it really don't matter if i catch or not but when i got other folks i like for them to pull in a few hawgs got to keep my rep up you know:wink::smile2:

9. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i used to bank fish by the restraunt on the tail race. i caught fish up to 20lbs, and my wife always caught more then me. and dont you know i heard about it. give it a try. cliff