tailrace canal

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by michbs4, Apr 27, 2008.

1. michbs4

michbs4 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello all, im new to this forum. does anyone have any tips on what the channels are hitting right now? i went friday to the cypress gardens landing in 5 hours got one about three pounds on chicken liver, but it popped off the hook before i could get it on the dock(6 inchs away):angry:.went to the tailrace on saturday, got nothing. any specific tips would be greatly appreciated. i am useing fish finders and double hook rigs both at daytime. would night time be beter you suppose?

2. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Welcome to the BOC. I'm sure that someone familiar with the Tailrace will advise you.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC.

5. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC im not familiar with the tail water that you are fishing at, but some things that you could try that should work for you, is shrimp, chicken livers, night crawlers, small bluegills or cut shad works great too and a great channel bait that I have made up that seems to work pretty good is cutting some boneless chicken breast in strips and putting garlic powder on them and a lil water and letting them soak for a day or two and it stinks but its great bait to use to catch some cats.

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have had pretty good luck with eater size channles in the Tailrace with dough baits and dip baits. They will pick up a decent blue cat now and then, too, but for the blues I'd rather be fishing with cut herring or shad right now.