Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, im new to this forum. does anyone have any tips on what the channels are hitting right now? i went friday to the cypress gardens landing in 5 hours got one about three pounds on chicken liver, but it popped off the hook before i could get it on the dock(6 inchs away):angry:.went to the tailrace on saturday, got nothing. any specific tips would be greatly appreciated. i am useing fish finders and double hook rigs both at daytime. would night time be beter you suppose?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Welcome to the BOC im not familiar with the tail water that you are fishing at, but some things that you could try that should work for you, is shrimp, chicken livers, night crawlers, small bluegills or cut shad works great too and a great channel bait that I have made up that seems to work pretty good is cutting some boneless chicken breast in strips and putting garlic powder on them and a lil water and letting them soak for a day or two and it stinks but its great bait to use to catch some cats.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have had pretty good luck with eater size channles in the Tailrace with dough baits and dip baits. They will pick up a decent blue cat now and then, too, but for the blues I'd rather be fishing with cut herring or shad right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.