Tagging a boat?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by CATFISHING1, Dec 18, 2007.

1. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    bought a boat off a guy last year,all he had was a open bill of sale from the person he said he got it from. now how do i go about tagging this boat and trailer? last tags are from august 06. anyone know the MO.laws if you cant find the owner. the guy i got it from never taged it, and i dont think its stolen ,i have put alot of time and $$$ into it for next yr. any help or direction in this mater?

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Call Troop "C" and they can advise you. Sorry, don't have the number. Missouri State Patrol.

Or..... try the License Bureau office in Jeff City.

3. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    I ran into the same issue earlier this year. Either call or drop by the license office and they can hook you up with all the forms you will need. I had to take the boat and outboard to water patrol and have them inspect them and the trailer to highway patrol for an inspection as a homemade trailer. with both these inspections and half a dozen other forms filled out, you can mail it all off to Jeff city with the fees and they will mail everything back to you. Not an easy process but doable.. best thing to do is call Jeff city and find out exactly what the forms are you need and what the fees are. I have the number somewhere i can give you, let me know if you need it. Good luck.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Iowa is diffrent but if you were here the DNR would come out inspect it run the hole # give you a slip and off to the courthouse youd go.Easy as easey can be my neighbor just did it awhile back and I couldnt believe it!

5. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    hey bigbb if you got that number handy id like to get it from you. also where abouts ST. LOUIS are you? i lived just across the river in TROY IL a long long time ago. anyways when ever you get it just pm it to me. no big hurry due to im not working right now.

6. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    catfishing1, i sent you a PM with the phone number etc..

i live in west st.louis county.