Tagged out!!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by 223reload, Apr 22, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well the spring turkey season is over for me!! I tagged TWO gobblers this evening, Man what a rush .If it was beginners luck I'll take it. I set up at 4;00 this afternoon and the birds started filtering into the trees at about 6;00 . Saw a few hens and two jakes then the first gobbler showed up .I gave him a couple cluck, purrs and before he was 20 yards away the second gobbler came running in. both HOT!! gobbling like mad,Took the longest beard then the other one waited a bit too long ,and got him with a second shot!! The biggest measured 8 1/2inches and the second 7 1/4 so a great seasons end for me.

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    WOO HOO!!! GO RICHARD!! Im so proud for you, I knew you have been wantin to get one. Sounds like you got some big ones. Did you take your daughter this time like you had planned? How did she like it? Take pics and let us see them too. Congrats are in order.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Unfortunately Katelyn had to miss out, she went this morning but Mom said she needed to stay home and help with the housework ,I wish she and Brian both would have been with me but maybe in the fall season.

4. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Congrats Richard, on the gobblers.I know you had fun. My oldest son took my 10 year old grandson out last Sunday and he shot his first turkey, man was he excited.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know that had to be a blast. They taste mighty fine also! :big_smile:

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    congrats man! looks like i wasnt the only hunter that filled! lol

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    wtg richard sounds like nice birds waiting fer pics

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Congrats Richard. Glad you got some buddy - now get our turkey dinner goin', Jeff's pickin' me up on the way :big_smile:!

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Cyber high five!:lol:

10. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    You gotta savor those hunts brother, it doesn't happen like that often.