TAG:

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by kat in the hat, Jun 9, 2008.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I knew if Hughes didn't focus on the task at hand, he didn't have a chance. He kept saying that Alvez is young, and has a point to prove, and that he was gonna put him in a situation that he wouldn't know what to do. Well, Hughes had nothing to offer. Although he trained hard, he underestimated a very talented fighter.

As much as I dislike Serra, I would bet on him in a fight against Hughes. Hughes has the skill set to beat him, but the fire is gone. He should retire before further humiliation imo.

I loved the Swick fight, and the Bisping fight. I love fighters that don't hold back. Chris Leben comes to mind. Some of my friends don't care for Bisping, but I love to watch him fight because he's vicious. It's not a chess match for survival. He comes to kick someone's booty.

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    yup,

when in doubt? attack!

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree that hughs needs to just hang it up and stick to coaching at his gym, as for serra, who knows whats gonna happen with him. He wont be seeing a rematch with GSP anytime soon thats for sure. Personally i think GSP is gonna be the title holder for quite a while now.

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bisping is entertaining and loves to fight. When he was on the "Ultimate Fighter" show, I didn't like him at first, he was pretty cocky and not very sociable with the rest of the cast. But as the show wore on, I realized he was just there to kick buts and win the competition and not to be friendly or party with the rest. He has become one of my favorites in MMA.

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not sure what's happened with Hughes. One year he's on top of the world, the next year he's lost 2 in a row and no longer feared in the welterweight division. He might not crack the top 5. I've always liked his style, it's sad for me to see him going down like this. He should retire.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Phil, I've heard a few rumors who "might" be rematching with GSP and he's from a lower weight division. Word is, BJ Penn is interested in moving back up in weight for a rematch with GSP! This is one I'd love to see! BJ would have the best shot at beating him in my opinion.

7. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well GSP's next fight is with Jon Fitch, im not sure if he has what it takes to really challenge GSP espically if he is still in incredible condition. As for seeing GSP fight BJ Penn, well thats gonna take quite some time, Penn will have to train his ass off and gain a solid 20lbs or so. So maybe sometime next year we may be treated to this fight.