Tadpoles?????

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by bd76, Apr 20, 2008.

1. bd76

bd76 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Has any had any luck with big tadpoles? I found them in a small tank (pond) that I was looking for perch in. I have never tried them, so I was wondering. These are not little tadpoles, but big ones . I guess they are bullfrog tadpoles, don't really know. Any advice would be great, I am planning on a trip to the colorado river next week.

2. Flyangler76

Flyangler76 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I use large(2-4") bullfrog tadpoles when I fish lakes in shallow water. My experience is that they catch mainly 8-15lb channels and blues. I hook them through the tail so they're lively.

3. oklahoma caveman

oklahoma caveman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    never had much luck with tadpoles. but then isd rather let them grow up into nice healthy bull frogs and have me some froglegs and catfish, insteada just catfish

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have caught a few fish on tadpoles, but there are way better baits out there. they are pretty tough as long as you don't hook them in the body.

5. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    Yes, they work very well. I've used them on rods after being frozen. I caught several channels on them. You ought to try them alive on yoyos. Fish them 1 to 3 inches below the surface. That is if yoyos are legal to use where you're going.

6. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Where would I find big tadpoles?

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have tried big tadpoles on trout lines with no luck.

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    make sure its legal in your state in kansas if you get caught with bullfrog tadpoles you can get in trouble because they have a season and yes i have tried them in oklahoma no we did not have no success with them

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    welcome to the boc from ohio