Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any had any luck with big tadpoles? I found them in a small tank (pond) that I was looking for perch in. I have never tried them, so I was wondering. These are not little tadpoles, but big ones . I guess they are bullfrog tadpoles, don't really know. Any advice would be great, I am planning on a trip to the colorado river next week.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
i have caught a few fish on tadpoles, but there are way better baits out there. they are pretty tough as long as you don't hook them in the body.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes, they work very well. I've used them on rods after being frozen. I caught several channels on them. You ought to try them alive on yoyos. Fish them 1 to 3 inches below the surface. That is if yoyos are legal to use where you're going.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
make sure its legal in your state in kansas if you get caught with bullfrog tadpoles you can get in trouble because they have a season and yes i have tried them in oklahoma no we did not have no success with them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.