Taco Soup

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by CuzICan, Dec 21, 2008.

1. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix--not dip
    1 pkg Taco Seasoning
    1 can Corn
    1 can kidney or chili or black beans-- whatever you like best
    1 can mixed vegetables or can of green beans (I used mixed)
    1 can rotel
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 onion
    2 bean cans of water and I used a small can of tomatoe paste--
    1-2 pounds hamburger/deer burger whatever you like best. (I used 2 lbs deer.)

Put all the canned goods (I drained mine), water and the mixes in a soup pan or crock pot. Stir well. Brown hamburger and drain, add to the mixture in the pot you chose to use. You can add more water if you need or want to.

If you are using stove method then when this gets hot, it's done, I'd use med or low heat. I added my onions and some fresh tomato about 15 minutes before I turned the crock pot off so they wouldn't cook away.

In a crock pot cook on low till hot. I had mine on high for about 3 hours, trying to hurry it up, but it was fine...

I also doubled the rotel, corn, and veggies "cuz" I wanted a big pot of it.

Toppings:

Sour Cream ( a dollop of SC really makes this taste great.)
    More raw onion
    Jalepeno's or peppers you desire.
    Shredded Cheese

This is real versatile, you can add veggies or tomato or rotel as you like, to the tune of heat on the rotel you like. I used Med, 2 cans Med hot rotel, and a small can of diced tomatoes. It's the ranch and taco seasoning that really make it taste good.

Maybe you'll like it. Dunno-- I do

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    is this the recipe CH was talk'n about ???

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yep this is it.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This is the stuff heah!!!!!
    I was close with mexican soup,,,taco is somewhat close.:eek:oooh: It is some fine vittles.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We got memories as short as.... well .... Thanks for bumpin this back,Cher.:cool2:

6. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    No hun it wasn't an old post I just put it in a new thread so it'd be easier to see.

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds great, Thanks! I'll make me some soon on a chilly day. :cool2:

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I have the biggest crockpot they make I think and John and the boys ate all but a small mixing bowl of it yesterday in a couple of hours, they said they liked it maybe ya'll will

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Cher, its on the fridge, gonna make it soon. Thats cold weather grub for sure. Thanks.

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Nothing fancy about it. Maybe you'll like it, dunno, but you are welcome...it's really not one I woulda posted in here, but John started that other thread.

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a satisfying soup Cher. The only trouble is you lost me at the rotel. Is that Spanish for some kind of pasta or cat meat? :confused2::smile2:

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Nope it's a brand name for tomatoes, chili's and some pepper in a can...it's at your local grocer. It'll be with the other canned tomatoe products, like diced tomatoes and such. You never used Rotel for cheese dip jack?

If not get a lb Velveeta, add one can of rotel, and heat the rotel and cheese till melted then add a little hamburger (drained) and eat with Doritoes, Corn Chips, or Dip chip of your choice. Now that is GOOD!

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Oh and I failed to mention DONT drain the rotel use it like it is, I drained my canned stuff except for the rotel and the diced tomatoes.

Olives also make a good topping and can be put in it, both ripe and green olives I read. I would use it as an add- on probably.

I never get these exactly right that's why I don't post this stuff.