Tackle Treatment

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 3, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Flathunter made a good post about buying tackle . http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20408

This usually hits me HARD in the winter. I lov eit when new things come in. I keep them all nice & shiny. Theya re put on nice, new clean rods. I store them nice & neat, in fact nice enough so they look good up close & from a distance.

BUT

when fishing season comes around, that all goes out the window. I will keep them in my jeep for days at a time after fishing. I put them in the 1st open sapce I find. Right now my boat has about 10 rod & reel in it, just becasue it was the cloest spot I could find.

Is anyone else like this?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I always carry my Zebco 33's, tackle box, and stinkbait in the trunk of my car. I travel so much I get alot of down time, nice to pull off anywhere and wet a line.

3. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Right now I have approx 20 rod/reels in kitchen, 46 tackle boxes in cartons. My pool table is covered with tackle of all sorts. The truck has a rod/reels in it and the trunk of the car has 2. In our bedroom there is three rod/reels and a carton of plano small boxes (24). Also have afew 5 ga. buckets around with some tackle in them and dip bait.. Will pick up some more today. Built this house last year so we would have more room. (YA)

My wife is a Saint.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :crazy: Yep I confess I'm a collector too!:big_smile:

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Gguilty as charged during the spring, summer, fall and part of winter. There is that month are so that i don't try to fish and thats about the only time everything is put away as you said nice and neat. the rest of the time it looks like a tackle store exploded.

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I have lots and lots of tackle but it all goes back into the tackle boxes when done fishing. then they are stowed away in the lockers on the boat and in the shop.

7. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

Now we know why you drive to the BOC tournement's all by yourself.

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Wow I could only wish I had as much tackle as some of your guys do. My gf is a neat freak and I like to take care of my stuff, so even during the fishing season my stuff stays pretty clean, and it isn't aloud to be left jsut laying around the house.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You know me open the garage door and throw em in!

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What an idiot I just bought 4 new reels today. All for channel catting & carping, so...... Hmm Jack...... we need to do some carping this winter or something.

On the subject of tackle.... I am about to buy some jug making materials. Thats going to be even more.

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    oh no, not more stuff!

12. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey mellon, I have a very effective and economical way to make noodles if your not set on jugs. I could post pics and materials list if your interested.