Tackle buying binge

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jul 3, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought I had this under controll, I have done real well for over a year..But starting about 10 days ago my old self has returned..I have bought 3 ugly stik tiger rods, one abu 7000, one abu 6500 LE Violet reel, and one tidewater reel..As well as stocking up on more terminal tackle than I need..I already had plenty of stuff, but this addiction has returned:angry:

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    prayers are sent.....lol

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    hey if u ever wanna get rid of some of that extra tackle ill be more than glad to help u....

also how is that violet reel look... i have seen pics of it.... u like it?

lol wolfman:lol:

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jack, those reels are infected with a new virus. Ship em to me and I can quarantine them for a little while for ya. LMAO

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The violet looks great, Tea, heck you would just lose them overboard!:lol:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree John, but heck we might just find him!:crazy:

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    You are probably right Jack. LMAO

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack,

Try this on for size: I was just approved for a Pay Pal Credit Line of a few hundred dollars. :crazy:

I just inquired about a deal for:

5600-WS HIGH SPEED
    TWO 5000's (For Carp Fishing)
    ONE 6000
    ONE 5600 ROCKETT

Plus

A COUPLE OF PINNACLE EXTRA HEAVY POWER TIP RODS.

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Funny, I just bought a "violet" colored reel also... One of the Shimano Stradics and it really doesnt match any of my rods, color wise. Works great though!

10. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Buying crack now that is an addiction . Shopping is healthy ask any woman shopinf for shoes. The phrase SHOP TIL YOU DROP is not just for women any more.I think there is a bit of boy scout in al of us and be prepared is sound advice. I mean you could have a rig go into the water at any time , If this happens you wil be prepared.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE BOC NATIONAL GATHERING

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Hey Jack I think this happens to all of us this time of year when the really good fishing has slowed down. My addiction usually will last from about July 1 through about the first part of September then it tends to ease somewhat.:lol:

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    John.If you will settle for waist deep in Alligators,come on down.I am sure that I can arrange it.It is getting to be the right time of year.Water is getting low.Gators are concentrated.Getting hungry and the big ones are eating the smaller ones.This is the time of the year that you can Make a Christian out of most anyone,or turn the toughest backslider around.If you wish to see the most die hard unbeliever turn their life instantly over to the Lord,just turn the boat over in the middle of a lake full of big gators.I have never known it to fail.If you don;t believe it,try it.You would never doubt it again.Any of you preachers out there with a hard core die hard that will not convert,this is the way to go.It is also a excellent way to instantly teach someone to swim or climb a tree.This is a surefire,never fail method to get your mind right.I feel sure ol "COOL Hand Luke"would still be with us had they given him this treatment.peewee-williams

13. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm always looking at new tackle. I just upgraded my gear bag so now I have room for way more stuff than I did before. I don't think I have quite the purchasing problem that Flathunter does though. LOL

14. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I don't shop tell I drop, but have spent money so fast in a tackle shop, I get a little dizzy:confused2: Leave thinking, "I better catch some fish":roll_eyes:

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    yeah I had that addiction to but I bought so much crap I didnt know what I had so I was buying things two and three times I dont wanna tell you how many chartruse spinnerbaits I got.Plus my brothers were stealing stuff from me and I didnt know it till I seen it in there boxes

16. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    My name is sam and I'm a Tackle-holic!:crazy:

17. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    prayers sent from Dayton as well:big_smile:

18. Pillpeddler

Pillpeddler New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    2 Cabelas King Kat poles, Abu 6600c4, Shakespeare Tidewater, new depthfinder, new light action spinning reel (let my nephew use my old one, I may be able to fix it- then I'll need a new rod), zebco 33 for wife, Lord only nows how much terminal tackle... sure hope I don't get help for my unproblem. :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Just bought a bunch of tackle boxes to give away and don't have the money but have 60 days to get it. Will be giving them away. Usually buy a couple hundred dollars worth of various tackle a month. Usually because of a deal. Every store I go into I go looking for tackle deals and will try to get one if I don't see it. Been this way for several years. I think it's last stage of OCF. Please pay for my family. I know I'm to far gone.

20. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry to here of your slip. Hang in there. It is never easy and it will never go away. I to Have this disease, I have 20 times to much tackle and at this very reading am wanting to buy some more. I will be going to town this afternoon and I'm almost sure I'll have to buy some, maybe I'll keep from buying any of the big stuff, I hope, I already have 22 rod and reels. I am so sick.
    You are not alone.