Tackle buying addiction

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flathunter, Nov 2, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any body besides me addicted to buying rods and reels?..I find my self buying way to much stuff, but I cant help it..I am not rich by any means, but this adiction is making me poor :D..The below pic is just some of the stuff...I have to hide alot from my wife or she would kill me!

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You can't have enough rods and reels, or terminal tackle for that matter. :D :D

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Looks to me like if she finds out ya may need that crutch in the picture.LOL!

4. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I too have more tackle than I can use at any one time! That being said, I have what I need when I want to GO Fishing! This in itself is a Blessing and not an Addition. If you have ever gone to fishing and found that when you got there and for what ever reason you didn't have the rod, reel or terminal tackle that was needed for the situation, You Know what I mean! For the time being, I have basicly what I think I need for the everyday fishing requirements that come about. I will not purchase the Deep Sea gear that is required for a 1000lb. Shark or Marlin, but I can play with almost anything else. My wife and I have not got into many discussions after I made a purchase and for that I am THANKFUL! Addition NO, but having what I need when I want to Go, YES! JMHO!!!!!

HOPPY4

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Strange,I was just reading an ad in Soldier of Fortune magazine for a contract hitman.Seems a Mrs Eblin from Ohio has a problem with a husband that keeps spending all their money on fishing equipment.I think I might answer because along with the money she is offering she says the hitman can have all the fishing equipment .Hmmmmmmmm.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I think I have that same obsession, I buy reels that I have bought months before.( I forget that I bought them.) :eek: :eek:

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I have the same illness my self, is there a cure????????????

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont think there is a cure, all you can do is keep buying stuff..My Buddy H20 Mellon has it worse than I do, he will chime in on this subject tonight..I think he may have just spent his rent money on a bunch of new stuff.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive got more than enough right now and want more, however my arsenal is only 2 baitcasters (I want 2 more at least LOL) and some spinners. Now that Im trying for the bigguns if I snag and loose my tackle I want to be able to put another in its place while I fix the other one :) at least thats the excuse Ill give LOL.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have enough rod and reels but everytime I'm looking through a catolog I think I want one of them. I can't fish with all I have now but never has stopped me from buying a newer, prettier model. Thank god I don't see my wife that way or I'd be dead and buried by now. :)

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i last counted 26 in my garage. i have 3 tackleboxes a tackle backpack 2 boats and working on a third for the new motor. ide say im right there in the same boat. well i drown trying to figure out wich boat to jump in. :eek:

12. SuCoTraveler

SuCoTraveler New Member

State:
    Milan Kansas
    I was reel bad that last 2 years but have pretty much have everything I think I need for any local fishing trip (with in 200miles).
    The wife did almost kill me when I brought home my 14' aluminum fishing boat & motor. She says we have enough toys and anything I buy there is always things that need to be bought later to make it better, I'm "nickel and diming her to death" :mad:

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I probably have enough tackle for a lifetime, but I still pick up something almost every time I go by walmart or a tackle shop. My grandson is trained to do the same thing. LOL
    I just hope, when I die, that my wife won't sell all that stuff for what I told her I paid for it! ;)

14. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    lol- addiction.

40 rods 18 reels 7 tackle boxes and a standup tool chest full of sinkers glow sticks, swivels, loose hooks and other terminal tackle.

And thats just what I have at my house!

I keep 4 rods at my inlaws with a lil tackle box, 2 rods at my budddy's cabin with just a lil can of hooks and sinkers, 2 at my dad's cabin with a kiddie tackle box, 6 at my grandpa's place rigged and ready for crawlers....
    I have a dedicated area of my garage that is 8x10 and filled top to bottom... will it end? Will it ever be enough? Maybe- when I put up my next garage for a place to park the cars. lol

I have an addiction but I'd rather blow 2 lives worth of money on that than 100 dollars gambling drinking or worse.

She knows it aint good for nothing but that, so when I grab em and disappear, she knows I aint nowhere else.

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Now that you all have made these public confessions I may have found another profession.After I'm done in Ohio seems there might be a few more wives needing a hitman.Since I've mellowed in my old age I might just do the job for the fishing equipment and let her keep the money.When I used to get asked the inevitable question of why do you need another rod I would reply "For the same reason those navy blue pumps you bought last week wont go with that new outfit you bought today".That always stopped the conversation but I did notice she was always one pair of shoes ahead of my rod and reel collection.

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    LOL, I think last time I counted I had 48 fishing rods and reels. And a bunch more empty rods. LOL And so much tackle I don't know what to do with it all. And we don't even want to talk about lanterns and campstoves.

17. engine35

engine35 New Member

State:
    Hawaii
    I just have one thing to say............

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I AM NORMAL!!!!!!

I thought I had to go see a shrink!

18. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Me too! I have a lot of rods and probably 50+ unmounted baitcasters (many are big saltwater reels) that I am not sure how to store. I love those suckers. Sometimes I trade with someone. I have thought o dowel rods, but was not sure how to fasten the reels. Help?????

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Hose clamps should work on the dowels

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Sal just got off the phone with a Mrs Palumbo from Ithaca.Relative of yours?I am willing to listen to counter offers.