Tackle Bucket

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by bankslot, Mar 2, 2008.

1. bankslot

bankslot New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I always have a problem taking all my gear DOWN to my dock to fish. I have found since then it is also handy to carry gear from storage to your boat, PU, bank fishing, etc. I will try to attach some pictures but I have never done so and I hope I can. You will need: 2" PVC, 5 gallon bucket and bolts and nuts for top and bottom of each PVC, plus appropriate tools.

I had an old sturdy flexible plastic bucket that had been used for citrus drink mix that was marked flammable. It is less breakable than a regular 5 gallon plastic paint bucket but any 5 gallon bucket will work.

Take some 2" PVC and cut into 12" pieces. Drill two 3/4 inch holes 2 to 3 inches from the bottom and top of each piece. Measure or use a chalk line to make sure they are straight. With the already drilled top holes use a saber saw and cut from the top of the PVC down to the outside edges of the 3/4" hole already drilled. Cut 45 degree notches at the top of each slot you have cut. Use sand paper to smooth the edges of your cuts.You may need a larger piece of PVC and slot to accomidate the handle and reel of a bait casting rig. (1)

Use a drill with a counter sink. Place it on the holes in the PVC and drill a hole large enough for your bolts and counter sink them, but don't go through the other side with your counter sink. (2)

Now the bucket. You will need to trim the protruding edges of the bucket where you are going to put your PVC. I chose to make 4 on one side of the bucket but they can be placed where ever you think is best. Once this is done take your chalk line and snap a straight line from top to bottom of each gap you have made by trimming your bucket. Place your PVC over each line. You can see the chalk line through the hole already drilled. Through the 3/4" holes in the PVC drill the same size hole through the bucket to fit the bolt.

Now you can place you bolt through each hole and bolt the PVC on the bucket. Be sure to put the head of the bolt on the outside. The counter sink keeps the head of the bolt from "goobering" up the handle of your rod. Take some dikes or dremel and cut the remaining portions of your bolt off.

I can carry 4 rods, stringer, tackle, some kinds of bait, hand rags, etc. to where ever I may be going for less trips to and from. It frees up your other hand for bait bucket, net, chair, etc. (3)

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Neat Idea,Jim . Welcome to the BOC.lots of tips like yours here in the library too. thanks for sharing.

3. bankslot

bankslot New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hope this is some help.

Attached Files:

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That's a pretty neat idea. Do you use this for bank fishing or boat fishing or both?

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Nice concept Jim.:wink:

6. bankslot

bankslot New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That's a pretty neat idea. Do you use this for bank fishing or boat fishing or both?

I use it to go down and up the stairs to my dock and also a great help in packing things to my boat and PU. Come to think about it I guess dock fishing is a kind of bank fishing.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    that's a unique idea! i could use that for where i fish. if u have to walk very far, i can see that would be handy to get to your fishing spot. great concept.

8. bankslot

bankslot New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bump this one time because I posted it so late last night.

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats pretty cool.Looks like it works real good for your needs.

10. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Man that's awesome. Great job, and thanks for sharing.