TACKLE BOX OR TRAYS

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by CATCHARMER, Nov 24, 2008.

1. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    what is the best method for carring tackle? i need to catch bait then catfish. sometimes i will be in a boat sometimes on the bank. what tackle is a must have and what is should have tackle. i am fairly new at targeting catfish and have alot to learn.

2. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    I used to think tackle box, the bigger the better.... That was before I started mostly catfishing. Now a couple of trays to hold hooks, crappie floats or foam ear plugs, swivels and weights is all i need. I can put the trays in a backpack and then have room for line and my other supplies. It's so much easier than a tackle box. Look on Page 2 of the member library area.... There's good information on this subject in there. Katfshn50 has done an outstanding job on this subject.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    for tackle for bait all i use is small jig heads thats it 1 little ziplok baggie. for cats 1 or 2 baggies of hooks and 1 for swivels tossed in a bucket with with sinkers extra leader line stringer knife and drink. best? simple yes! every thing needed yep.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I carry one main tacklebox, quite a load I might add.. has all my baitfish needs as well as flatcattin' tackle. then ,,,, I have 2 back up tacklebox's for cats, then I have one for bass, trout and other baitfish!!:smile2:

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    for catfishin i use a back pack i got from marlboro and load all my hooks,sinkers, and stuff like that in one of those trays, and that leaves room or sodas and camera, scale, and snacks but the best thing is that it frees up my hands to carry poles and bait bucket, now my bass gear is a big back breakin box:confused2:

6. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    My boat IS my main tackle box, and everything else is replenished from it. I also carry a med. sized tackle bag in the tool box of my truck, and supply my fishing chair, and pants pockets from it. My fishing chair I got from Gander Mountain. It has enough pockets to accommodate 2 people for several outings, a built in cooler, and also converts to a backpack to free up you hands to carry a bait bucket.