Tablerock paddlefishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Seth, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Had the best snagging trips every this past weekend. We boated 14 paddlefish in two days. It took us less than an hour to limit four of us out on Saturday. Fish ranged from 30 lbs all the way up to an 85 pounder that my brother in law caught. Majority of them were in the 50 lbs range.

The first picture is my girlfriends first paddlefish ever. It went nearly 60 lbs. My brother in law and the 85 pounder the second one. All of us are in the third one with our fish from Saturday.

I think I am going to pass on turkey hunting this weekend to go back down and catch some more because I don't know if I will ever experience snagging this good again in my lifetime!!

Attached Files:

2. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats seth on the great weekend. I was unable to go snagging anywhere this weekend. A couple of my buddies drove to taberville, and the boat ramp and most of the parking was still underwater! They headed down to Roscoe and motored up river and never hit a thing. Told them thats how it goes when they dont take there guide, "Me"! They said the current was not really all that strong though. Last year we were on that river when the guage at schell city was reading 2ft higher, and we could still launch at taberville then. The lake must be backed up that far, my only reasoning. I'm going snagging somewhere next Sunday and Monday. If the river conditions are still bad on the Osage I might have to head down to the James. I've never been on the James though! I've fished all of Tablerock, but only been up the James a few miles from the lake. Where do you guys launch at, and what boat ramps are accesible down there right now with the water so high? If I decide to head that way next weekend I might get in touch with you for some pointers, if thats alright!

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I got my turkey this morning so I might be heading back down there myself. I"ll get in touch with you later on and fill you in on everything. Time for work now though.:tounge_out:

4. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Seth, that would be great. I would really apreciate some pointers for the new water. I just got back from stockton lake, actually a creek that feeds into it. Actually, I just got done cleaning fish!!!! Anyway, I have an Uncle that leases the hunting rights on some acreage over there that gave me a call today. He finished turkey hunting, and called to let me know the creek on the back side of his lease actually had water in it, and he was catching whites and a few walleye out of it! Good enough for me, I peeled out of work at 5:30 and headed over. I've never seen that creek that full, well minus flash floods, with (calm) flowing water in it. It's probably been a long time since the whites made it up that far, stockton is up 16ft. I caught about 30 whites in 1hr 45minutes, never hit a walleye. Kept 12 of the largest, minus a few of the big sows. Only cleaned 2 fish with eggs!! I'm gonna have to make it back over there sometime this week, might take the flyrod for a little fun! It was just truly awsome to see fish making a spawning run up that far!

5. strmchzr

strmchzr New Member

State:
    kansas
    That 85 pounder is an absolute HAWG spoony! I've snagged a lot of 'bills, but never anything that big. Congrats on a great day of snagging!

6. strmchzr

strmchzr New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm assume you guys are using fish finders to locate fish. What brand and model do ya'll use?

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    No fish finders needed. We just know the area well enough to find the fish most of the time.

But to answer your questions, I have a Lowrance LCX-17m on my rig.