Tablerock Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by StuBone278, May 22, 2009.

1. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Hey yall, I'm sure everyone has heard this type of post, but I'm heading up to Tablerock to stay at the Cedar Lodge with my family this week. Just wanted to know if anyone had any info on this lake. We may do a guided trip half day just to get a feel on how to fish the place as well as have a great time while learning, haha. I've read about the snagging goin on here but it seems the paddlefish run has about ended unless yall know otherwise. Lookin to catch just about anything--bass, sacalait, catfish, bream, etc... as I've said any info would be helpful! Thanks!!!

Oh yeah, I'll post pics here when I get back, you can count on it!:big_smile:

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I definitely wouldn't advise snagging paddlefish since season ended the last day of April. There's a lot of flatheads and some nice channels in the James River arm. I've never fished for them, but we've snagged a couple nice cats while chasing paddlefish on mud flats. Only thing I've done there besides snagging was jigging night crawlers off underwater bluffs for kentucky bass. That's a blast on an ultralight. One time we got into a big school of channel cats too. You just never know for sure what you'll catch.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    The crappie and bass bite should be good up there right now. Never catfished it but the lake has some good fish in it from the pics i've seen. Let us know how ya did.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is that a freshwater drum in your avatar? If so...wooo mamma! :crazy: What the heck is a sacalait? I don't think we have those here. Sorry I'm not of any help. I've never fished Tablerock. :sad2:

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Haha no not a freshwater drum...although I coulda had ya on that one! It's a 27 pound black drum. Not a very big one at that....hehe, they get HUGE. One perk of catfishing the brackish marsh, ya never know what you're gonna catch! Heck, I picked up a stingray off my jugline last time out, that was the first one I'd seen one out there, it startled the heck outta me! A sac-a-lait is a cajun french saying for "crappie." I don't know anyone that uses "crappie" down here, haha except for my brother that loves all the shirts/hats with "Another crappie day" type slogans. Wow what a ramble!:smile2:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    What the heck is a sacalait?

LMAO Matt, guess i grew up a bit further south.:wink: Lots of folks call em white perch too. They just either white or black crappie to me. Not tryin to rag on ya brother, just depends where ya from.

7. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Up here we have black crappie, white crappie and we have WHITE PERCH. The white perch are a nuisance fish that overpopulate a lake then they are hard to get rid of. One lake up here has so many that game and parks made flatheads catch and release so they'll have enough predators to get rid of the white perch.

8. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
  9. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats what I love about the james. You never know what is on the line. Could be anything. James river fishing has been sweet this year.