Table saw safety feature

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by Mac-b, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
  2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That guy came out with that a few years ago. Great ideal, but he did have it way over priced. He even went so far as to try and get the government to make it where every new saw sold. Had to have this product on it.
    I do know when and If I start looking for a new saw. I will sure give his a long hard look.
    Its high, but ask your self what a finger or hand is worth? Then the price is better. Sure would hate to see a $200+ Blade trashed and then the cost to rearm the saw.
    One thing is how many people will buy the saw, but get where they do not think safety. Then that one time the deal does not work... And someone gets hurt. Or they use it for a year and have it go off, then use it without the safety device and get in bad trouble..
    I still think its a great thing. But look at things we have to protect us now. A good over arm blade guard keeps you safe also. But not of use will use them.
    Thanks for porting this. Its been showing up a lot more and hope a few people can save fingers or hands with it.
    Pete

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That's an inasne machine w/a great feature right there, at only 60$ replacement you can't beat it!!!!

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    WOW. That's incredible......the safety guards they have on them are very restricting and get in your way most of the time. That's why I've never seen one installed on a saw unless it's a display at a store. This will save a lot of fingers and hands.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Came oh so close to buying one of those Mac. Had a set of blueprints and a list of equipment in mind about two years ago for a 1000 sq ft shop. The whole nine yards. From 3 phase juice to all the pretty planers, molders, miter saws, drill presses, bandsaws. All set to build and I blew my back out. Took care of that little thought.

I researched that saw at length. It had a little price hard to swallow, but Red made the points about it that needed made.

The trouble with this kind of thing is the person operating it. Like the guy that disconnects the seat kill switch on a lawn mower, somebody will mess up this saw and pay the price.

John.

6. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Then we'll take pictures of his hand, and make safety posters from it. LOL, The do's and don'ts of power tools. {he'll be on the dont's side}

7. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    no longer available:sad2: