Table Rock

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by TeamCatHazzard, Feb 17, 2006.

1. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just curious to see if anyone on here catfishes table rock lake. A buddy and I went down there last summer fishin and caught a few little flats on bluegill, but didnt have very good luck.....cats seemed hard to target on that lake especially since we are river fishers.

2. craigr

craigr New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    My son and I went down there from NE a couple of years ago - mid summer. Which, I was told by the locals is a mistake for fishing. IT WAS HOT!. We did most of our fishing at night back in the fingers, to get out of the 200 ft water. We tossed everything from Blood to cutbait and only caught a few pan size cat.

The last day we were there, we were cruising with my wife & mother in law, and talked to someone at one of the marinas, he told me about a place they call 'the flats' that most people go to for cats. Sure enough, on my way back to our cabin on the opposite end of the lake, we found the flats & they looked great for cats. Depth was about 10 ft constistantly with alot of aged trees.

I hopefully will be making it back down there this fall and plan to give 'the flats' a try.

craigr

3. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    craigr yea I will have to keep that in mind if I ever go back. It just seemed like an incredibly hard lake to fish

4. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fish back in those inlets where the trees are. Use a jigging technique with a half ounce jig on a 4/0 hook that will be just enough to get you down there in about 20 foot of water. We used minnows and crawdads fishing straight down bouncing off the bottom as not to get hung up. Worked very well for some 5 pound channels that we were targeting.

5. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    Yea thanks wolfman and whiskers I will have to keep both of those ideas in mind. We were just down there with some people on a little vacation and tried some fishing and didnt have much luck.....caught a few little flats but didnt worry about targeting big ones just wanted to catch some. Will have to keep these ideas in mind next time! Thanks!