Table rock summer tactics

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by strmchzr, Jul 4, 2007.

1. strmchzr

strmchzr New Member

State:
    kansas
    i'm going to be spending the last two weeks of july and the first couple of weeks in august at table rock lake (king's river arm). despite being a fairly successful river cat fisherman in s.e. kansas, the lake cats have eluded me the last couple summer trips to table rock.

i have a few questions that i'd really appreciate some feedback from ya'll:

1. should i fish the deep water (>80 feet deep) next to rock cliffs or the shallow waters of coves and points (<25 feet)?
    2. what depth should i target for flatheads during the dog days of summer (how deep should i drop my bait?)
    3. i almost always use live bait (usually bluegills and occasionally goldfish) for big flats. is there a better or "alternative" bait to try when i can't get any action w/ perch?
    4. is fishing during the day a waste of time?

i really appreciate any info or tips that may help me catch a nice table rock cat!

2. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will be down there from July 28th until Aug 4th. I have never fished it so its time to learn. We are staying At Gobbler mountain resort. Try Ozarkanglers.com. YOu can get some info off it.

3. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks for the tip, I'm going to be down there a week earlier just for a couple of days, but it only takes a few minutes to catch a big one.