Table Rock/Bull Shoals

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Smellycat, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Are there any members out there who fish Table Rock or Bull Shoals other than me, Veritok, Homeybrew, and akwolf41?

2. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    .Yeah Smelly. Been fishing Bull Shoals for 30yrs. Some Beaver and more Norfork but never on Table Rock except for right below trout area,below Beaver dam. Good there 10 yr. ago anyway. It used to be a quiet area with good fish! Talked myself into fishing there again,real soon! The shoals has kept us pretty busy over the years. Good Blues, plenty of channels, and some real Flathead. Tucker Hollow area has seen some bruisers taken. Hwy 125 to the pens is great. Pontiac to Dam is good mid-week. Lower lake area has been fished pretty hard with spearguns. Not near as many over 35lbs. as in years gone by. Water as blue as the sea on the white river lakes,and only us few to fish it Smelly . Lucky For us!:cool2:

3. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Wiscars, thanks for the reply.
    I, was wondering if we were alone here. We have fished near the pens several times. I guess the best fish I saw caught was Gene Chambers(alwolf41)s 35 pounder.(his profile picture). I know they are there, just need to spend some more time there.
    There was a mini gathering there several years ago. I could`nt go at the time.
    I can`t rember who all came, but they found the big fish in about 100 ft of water. Could`nt get em to bite though.
    We have spent more time up Long Creek arm of Table Rock.
    Maybe we can meet up sometime, see ya Dennis

4. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Yeah smelly whenever time permits. Usually on a moonless dreary night after thunderstorms, the big deep fish prowl. There are some real monsters in those lakes. Deep fish are like boa constrictors, they are finicky feeders. Use big bait on dark dreary nights. Keep at it. These fish are not in a barrel, and they stay deep to avoid divers. The new real big fish predator! Many are cat older than either of us. Lets get fishing.:smile2:

5. Family Man

Family Man New Member

State:
    AR
    I fish Bull Shoals two or three times a summer with my father-in-law. We actually put out a couple of trot lines Friday night at Pot Shoals. Caught 8 that were good eatin' size.