table rock advice needed

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by moodster, Jun 28, 2008.

1. moodster

moodster New Member

State:
    mo,
    can anyone tell me what type of structure to target cats on table rock?
    I useally fish secondary points or coves on jugs or trout lines but also like to use rod and reel.I'm wondering if I should try fishing closer to the main river channel if I can find a spot that has a long point to the main channel where the water does'nt just drop off real deep. I have a good lake map but I really dont know what to look for.I've also read that where creeks run into the lake are good spots to fish for cats.I would love to get any info on this matter from anyone willing.It seems to me it may be harder to find the best structure on large bodys of water opposed to river fishing where you can easly spot log jams and cover to locate fish.my next investment is going to be some better electronics maybe that will help me locate better areas and bigger fish. I have herd of people setting lines close to the main channel on table rock and catching up to 40lb fish.Thanks guys and good fishing to all.

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I fish Pomme de Terre quite a bit but have never been to Tablerock. At Pomme I look for the best cover that is close to the main channel. Standing timber close to a main channel is also good, or shallow gradual points that fall off into deep water, or island areas that are close to deep water. I have yet to catch a blue cat at Pomme but do catch a ton of nice channel and flatheads. Most of the flatheads come from rocky areas with either laydowns or standing timber, or both. If the water is really clear there you will have to be fairly quiet and use be careful with lights if you fish at night, seems like the flatties are shy to light on Pomme but not as bad on Truman. I'd stick with live baits for flatheads, fresh shad for blues. Keep us posted on how you do. Chris

3. moodster

moodster New Member

State:
    mo,
    thanks chris that sounds good I will try and find some of these areas. Good luck on a big blue