T V Soap Stories!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jul 20, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    How many of you fellows wives watch stupid soaps?As a lot of you probably know St Louis got hit hard last night ,a lot of places with no power ,anyway the better half was sitting here watching her soaps on ch 5 and right in the middle of it guess what no soap. only thing on the screen is colored lines and words KSDK PLEASE STAND BY. Boy you talk about a woman getting upset.My self I thought it was rather funny. Hate them things to begin with. She even has me tapeing them on Tivo just in case she has to miss one. Keep telling her she could stop watching for a month and not miss anything.
    DARN THE BAD LUCK IT'S BACK ON!!:roll_eyes:

2. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I work during the day so I don't miss them at all. Besides you can pick up the story 5 yrs later and know everything you want to know.

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i dont watch em, but did for a while. I think more men watch the soaps than you think and dont own up to it.
    funny thing: many yrs ago my granddad moved in with us and both he and my dad always put my mom down for watchin "those silly things." but it never failed, that both of them just happened to get sat down in front of the tv when it was time for General hospital to come on, and made sure it was on the correct chanell! lol

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    The ladies at one of the places I used to work always watched the Bold & The Beautiful at lunch & after about a year I got hooked. I watched it for about 5 years & finally gave it up around 10 years ago. Occasionally i'll be flipping through the channels and stop on the B&B & it's amazing they are still dealing with some of the same stuff they did way back when! LOL

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Soap for John...AS MY SHIRT BURNS....hehehehehe

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I don't watch soaps, but My girlfriend has made me sit through many painful hours of days or our lives. She has tried to explain to me what is going on but I just don't get it.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Now ya struck a nerve, LMAO. I am so sick of hearing Days of our Lives from the living room when I am on here, LMAO. She DVR's it and watches it every night.

8. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I got started watching Days of our Lives several years ago. It finally got so stupid, I just had to say "NO MORE". My wife still watches it ocasionally and it seems like very little has changed in the last 5-10 years. Same old stuff over and over.

9. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I don't know what the big fuss with soaps is
    I think they're dumb, lol, I hate em

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Stay that way, please. Don't drive some man crazy in the future.

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

the wife finally quit recording it everyday now that they have marathon sundays so while I am sleeping are fishing she is glued to the tv on sunday afternoons.

12. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    before i got satelite i watched some when i worked nights and couldnt sleep on came "loving". Im not proud of it. but it was addicting. My wife still wont stop giving me grief over it.

13. BamaCats

BamaCats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'll admit i watch Passions off and on but like somewone said i can go two are three weeks and the story lines are the same nothing changes. but with two kids i watch more Elmo than anything else :lol: :lol: