t-minus 2hours.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Swampfox., Jul 17, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    im going back to the log jamb i fished today on bayou lafourche. cant sleep for thinkin of the possiblities. i got some pics of it but its probably changed since the downpour we got tonight. i cant wait no longer than two hours, its driving me nuts. this thing broke up alittle when the water got faster, should have seen the fish it stirred up. leaving at four, will post any catch.

2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Good Luck Matt Let Us Know :wink:

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    pics wouldnt upload.

Attached Files:

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Whaddaya waitin for? Can't catch nuttin sittin at home. Get on down there, kick the mocassins outta the way, and hit them kitties!

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    just got through rainin, gearin up now, caffiene, cigs, lights, you know the drill. dude, wish somebody was going with. solo mission this morning.going for the kids get up and the wife leaves for work.

6. bigkat7698

bigkat7698 New Member

State:
    Bowling Green KY
  7. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Looks like a great place MAtt, hang on and turn his head fast!

8. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Ooooooh, that's is nice! And shady, too! Get on down there, it's been two hours man

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Waitin for the story and pics Matt. Looks like a good hole to me!!

10. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like a winner.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck out there brother. Will be waiting for your report:wink:

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good looking spot. Stick a big 'un!!!

13. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Well,what did it turn out like,the suspense is killing me!:0a28:

14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    sorry about the wait guys. i talked to Dad on Sykpe when i got in this morning for an hour or so then i had to hit the rack for a couple of hours.
    well it went down like this, got out there and set up about 4:30. i wont get into the difficulty getting into this place, especially after a hard rain.
    4by4 ya get me? anyway, as i thought would be the case the water was up from the rain and rising, and more of the jamb peeled off. still alot there. hoping this will stir up things alittle. used danny kings in cheese clothe balls and liver the same way. then i caught a few bream and fish them live; up close to the jamb right by the current. then fished dannys and the liver in the current. was on 9/0 kale. bream on 9/0 circle. kept getting hits on the dannys and liver but couldnt geta hook up. fished up to about 7:30 and was getting ready to leave when i got a big run on the bream, fought for about 60 seconds,but he got up in the jamb, tugged a second and i felt the line go. {50lbs stren high impact} so i dropped that rod and baited another rod i had on standby, and put it right back where i was before then held my rod, and it wasnt to long he hit that one. took the bait and back in the logs he went, pop! that was it! i was out of time, kelly had already started blowin my phone up trying to get me home on time. she had to leave by 8, here i was still on the jamb at 7:30. so heres what im gonna do. gonna go to the Ouachita river and bait up, then hammer it again. kinda sucked that i had to leave right as i got two good runs. thinking about taking the net i trashed at lonejack lake a few back, taking the heavy mono out of it and making leaders out of it. one way or the other im pullin his ass outta them logs. i'll be back on it tonight and into the morning guys, i'll keep you posted.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  15. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    good luck man!!hope you get a couple!!

16. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    :smile2: Get that SOB :smile2:

17. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Ain't that always the way it works, just when you gotta leave? That's why I'm in the doghouse most of the time, I reckon. You can only use "the car broke down" or "I'm stuck in the mud down here" or "my mistress really needs me now" routine so many times. Then again, better not use that last one. Good luck when you hit it again!

18. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i use 80lb cortland braided line for my flattheads, lost too many with 50lb line. after i did that 2 flattys one 47lb a week later over 50lb. my scale only went to 50lb and it said error. never no how big it was.

19. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Good week!:wink:

20. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    the rest of the family has gone to bed, bout to slip down to the river and catch some shad. i like to go to the boat ramp where the lights are bright. seems to concentrate shad. then i'll be back home for a few before i head back down to that jamb again. we got a front thats moving in on us and cooling things off. might be able to last longer now that the humidity is breakin. boy it was hot the other day when i was out there with the boys. probably lost five pounds just fishin around here. the hunt continues.