T/C Shockwave Bullets

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by xringer3, Nov 3, 2008.

1. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just wanted to let the guys know about the problems I've had this year with these bullets. I've used them for the last 5 years, but this year I believe they changed how they're made.

In years past, they've worked pretty well. They were accurate in my Omega and usually dropped my deer within 50 yards with a well placed shot. This year, they failed to perform in 7 deer shot in our group. All shots were well placed shots. The first deer, a tall 8 point, was never recovered even after a long blood trail that ran out. It was tracked for a half a mile and searched for all day, and nothing. The next two, they were let lay for two hours and when found, were still on their feet and had to be finished off with a different load that dropped them. The damage to the ribs looked ok, but the internal organs looked like they were shot with an arrow with a practice tip, a nice clean small hole all the way through.

I then shot one through the sholder bone in hopes of spraying bone fragments through the vitals and this seemed to work and dropped the deer. I just don't like wasting sholder meat but with the lack of damage this bullet did, it didn't ruin much.

Another small doe was shot on the last day, and it left without ANY blood and was thought to be a miss after a half day of looking. A neighbor hunting the property shot it later in the day still standing with a nice clean hole on both sides and hardly any damage to any organs.

The last one was shot through the sholder bone again but still ran 80 yards with not much blood trail.

I get better performance from my "ole bessy" with a patched 54 caliber round ball!!!!!!!!! I'll definitely be looking for a new bullet for next year!

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Vince i would most definately call or e-mail the company and tell them about it. maybe a bad lot or two or maybe more got out,you never know. they maybe do not know or they can tell you if they did change something. if nothing else i would vent a little bit on somebody there, they may make it right for you if they value a long time customer such as yourself.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Brian, I plan on sending them an email, but wanted to cool down first, LOL. I figured they got a bad batch and we just happend to get the same lot at the same place. The problem is that we were shooting the same shockwave bullet but they made it with two different sabots and we were shooting both of them, my buddy the black sabot with the yellow tip bullet and me the yellow sabot with the blue tip bullet, same results. I just wonder what the chances are of a bad batch at the same store with different production runs?

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Never shot any of these. I been shooting power belt, and am happy with them.

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I use the 250gr and never had a problem. I would definately give them a call.

6. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    I use the 200 grain and I havn't had any problems, too!:cool2:

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i just use the xtp 45 cal in my encore and the deer ive killed has fell where they was shot

8. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    I to use power belt but wanted to try out the T/C shockwave. i will have to buy some and take them to the range with me and see if my ruger likes it

9. Bill Smith

Bill Smith New Member

State:
    north carolina
    vince,

I use t/c shockwave 250 gr with the yellow tip. these are unbonded and for me tend to explode into pieces when I hit a deer. I have shot 12 or so deer and never had a clean exit hole. something seems wrong with your batch. The blue tips are bonded and do tend to go all the way through deer. I own a box but don't use them anymore. Call t/c. Good hunting

10. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hornady makes these for Thompson. Both Thompson and Hornady are top knotch companies. I am 100% certain they will take care of any problem. All companies have a problem from time to time. Its the companies that fix their mistakes fast are the ones we want to deal with. Thompson fits that description.

11. Little Bill

Little Bill New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Must be a bad batch. Where i hunt half use the shockwave and the other half use the barnes x bullets. That what I have used with excellent results. Good Luck!!!!