T Boone Pickens 5 minute plan

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bill in SC, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Theres a bunch of that already going on in this area,Bill. His is said to be the biggest,But he most likely won't be the only one doing it,I have been looking into getting some put on land owned by my family,Don't know if we will,but I think its a good way to make a little extra cash from idle land.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    4000 meg of elec power is a lot of power ,The biggest problem we have today is the USA is very wasteful there is a lot that we can do to cut our energy bill rite now it would cost you a little money but it will repay itself within the year the big oil Co's have got us rite where they want us . there stealing our $'s

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I installed a time clock on our water heater and it is saveing about 12.00 a mo. on the lite bill now I'm installing auto lite sw in all the rooms hope to save 5 to 10 a mo. in them

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glad to see T Boone has a good plan. They are sure getting on with it in Texas out in the area we use to live. But the environmentalist hate wind power like they hate everything else.

Coal burning power plants still produce low cost power. Their price hasn't gone over the years. We have more coal than any nation in the world. But we're not allowed to build more coal burning power plants due to pollution!

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well I think you can see why he is a billionaire. He knows want he wants and goes for it, and he has great ideas. That is a great plan, but I know and everyone else knows that there are a thousand great plans, getting them implemented is the trick

7. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Besides the fact that he is promoting gas because he owns lots of wells we have the same old problem of global warming because of freeing trapped carbon.
    have a good one
    just

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I've read up a lot on T Boon Pickens. First off, he aint no dummy. He's made a hell of a lot of money because he knows how to make it. At this point in his life, he doesn't seem to care about making more money as much as his being frustrated at how we are being fleeced by other countries. If nothing else, like was said, he's at least trying to find an answer.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Its been said ,T Boon Pickens won a million dollar bet in the 70s because he bet a man he could hit a golf ball 1/2 mile,but had to do it on his day of choice,He waited till the dead of winter and hit the ball onto FROZEN Lake Merideth,nuff said.:wink:

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Aw! Shooter McGavin. :cool2:

11. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    You can bet T-boone will be making money off any plan he suggests. I think he wants to burn a lot more natural gas then the price of that will go up, and he'll make more money. It's all about money nothing else.

12. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Freeing up natural gas to power cars is a good idea. We have tons of it, it's cheap and very clean. 91 cents a gallon is pretty good and only a slight decrease in mpg over regular gas. What I don't like is the trillions of dollars for solar and wind power. This sounds good but who's going to pay for all this....we will. Wind and solar still isn't very efficent needs more time in research and we now have clean burning coal and nuclear that we could make to free up more natural gas. Wind and solar uses a huge acre footprint compared to others...enviroment wacko's don't want all the transmission lines that will be needed. We need to look at alt energy but need to make it more cost and energy efficent before we spend trillions.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you've ever been out here in the plains states,you know that we have one natural resourse that is almost never ending,WIND. sure it costs a bunch to build windmill farms,but the land owners reap a profit from the companies that build them and they sell power to whoever wants it. It is a renewable resourse that never ends. I hate the looks of em,but if it helps me or you heck yeah go for it.

14. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Picken's made his billions as a corporate raider. Buying up companies and selling them in parts. I'm sure he is concerned but I know he's going to make a lot of money by using "his" plan.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It seems like whenever someone has a great idea, all people worry about is who is going to make money off of it. If the man profits, yet it benefits us ALL, who cares that he's making a hustle? Sure beats lining the sheik's, sultan's, and local oil tycoon's pockets, and it's better for the environment.
    Bill in SC

16. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    "clean burning coal" Sounds like a political saying to me.
    The only way it can be clean burning is to clean it.
    IIRC its a process of burning it twice. They use afterburners to burn the smoke. Doesn't that make it less efficent?
    Then what happens to the un clean stuff? I know what happens to the solids. They add it to concrete. Its the exhaust that worries me.

Wind and solar have no residue after the manufacturing process.

Ethanol used free carbon,Thats carbon that is already loose in the atmosphere.

I don't see how you cannot be in favor of wind ,solar or ethanol.

Have a good one
    just

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'm still wondering why the most abundant element on earth, hydrogen, is not utilized more, but, I digress.
    Bill in SC

18. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    T-boone is right I'd like for us to be less foreign dependant, but it's not just oil, it's pretty much everything in this country, almost everything we buy is foreign, right down to our beer. Heck, were about to award a contract so France can build tankers for the USAF. I don't see how anyone could think this is a good idea. A couple of years ago Bush wanted to sell our shipping ports to a company from Dubai. I think the only dealings we should have with middle eastern countries is with open bombay doors of the B-52.
    :big_smile:

19. fr8dog

fr8dog New Member

State:
    OK
    My sister and BIL have 3 windmills on their property in western NY. Company is paying them $7K for each wm, a year, for the next 20 yrs.

20. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    Do you supose thats part of the trillions of dollars catfishcentral is talking about?
    have a good one
    just