T-bird gives up a personal record

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ahoki, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well we hit Thunderbird this last weekend. Had the hooks in the water by 9:30 pm. When it hit 3 am and no catches we decided to head in and leave the jugs till morning. We arrived at about 9am to start pulling jugs. We had somewhere around 140 hooks in the water and honestly couldnt believe we hadnt picked up a fish all night. Luckily we ended up with a 3 lber, 4 lber, 1.5 lber and this hog. He was 38 inches long and 23.2 lbs. The biggest i had caught before this one was maybe 15 to 18 lbs, so you can imagine the excitement.......matter of fact Tim (the other guy in the pic w/ the beard) bout fell outta the boat when that big sucker came flying outta that 22 inch ice chest we had him stuffed in....... Good Times!!!!

All in all not very good fish to hook ratio but If thats how there handed to me, I'll be in line more often:lol:

Attached Files:

2. At least you have somehting to eat now.

3. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Nice one you have there! :eek:oooh:

Where is Thunderbird located?

Ken

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, congrats on the catch.

5. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    T-bird is in norman oklahoma just south of moore and okc -- Boomer Sooner territory!!!!

6. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma

Ty bro --- I was as proud as a new father LOL

(well most of em)

7. catcatcher311

catcatcher311 New Member

State:
    Ne
    That has gotta be fun running jugs.

8. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Nice catch Ahoki,T-bird does have some nice size cats in there.I know a guy that noodles out there and has gotten alot of cats in the 30-40 pound size,Seems like most of them came from the south side of the lake:wink:

9. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    NIce HOG! T-Bird is a good lake to catch cats. The water is 3 feet from being a new record low! That would be the 1977 record. Real nice catch!