Swivels?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Mar 29, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering do u guys use a three way swivel, I use a three way swivel rig as my bottom rig? Some people dont use a swivel, but I dont see a problem with using swivel.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I use three way swivels on my jugs for jug fishing using heavy trot line cord. But if I'm R&R fishing below a dam in heavy current I just use dropper loops.

3. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I used to use them all the time in ponds and lakes but I read an artical once about 3 knots being 1 to many and increses your chance of losing a fish due to 1 weak spot and after thinking about it it made sence to me , so I stoped using them ..however Id like to say that I never lost a cat nor did my sucess increse now that I use regular swivels
    Theres ways to set one up though ..some people use a much lighter line for the weight so it could break free if needed..also some folks thread a line throught the 3rd eye on the 3 way swivel and put a splitshot sinker on it to hold it and in a hang up it will easly pull free
    But as 777 said its much like making a dropper loop in the line

4. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I use them all the time. I'm trying but I'm still not comfortable with the carolina rig.

If you really want good three-ways, find the ones that are T-shaped rather than Y-shaped. I found them on a British carp fishing tackle supply website. Can't remember the name of the website. Sorry.

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Those t-shaped swivels sounds pretty good, have I missed something or is this new?

6. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    i always use some type of swivel...keeps the blues and channels from spinning off.....flatheads dont tend to spin like a blue or channel