Swivels

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by NCSBI185, Sep 25, 2009.

1. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    :eek:oooh:I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get swivels with either the coast lock or interlocking snap in bulk. I would like them to be at least 50 puond or greater in strength. I can find them in small packages but he bulk packs of 50 or more seem to be harder to find. Any suggestions.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Berkley makes a number 7 crosslock swivel that is 60# test, that can be purchased from Catfish Connection, in bulk. They also handle Spro #6 which are not in bulk. Their phone number is 1-800-929-5025. I don't think any of our sponsors have them listed on their sites.

3. Steve Knox

Steve Knox Active Member

State:
    Richmond, Virginia
    Do a search on eBay. I've found hooks, swivels, and sinkers there at great prices.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Where are you shopping for them at? You may need to check an online buisness like Team Catfish or Catfish Connection.:wink: Hope this helps.

5. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    if you're near the coast of north carolina size 4 duolock snaps should be easy to find. and size7 swivels test out at 75lbs and a 36 pack is usually 3.50 catfish connection has the swivels but i don't see duo lock snaps.

6. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the replies. I have bought several things from Catfish Connection but thought that someone might know of a better place. Seems like they are probably one of the best for most things.

7. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I visit the berkley factory store once a year. One year I bought a lifetime worth of snap swivels. I think I got at least 100# because that's what was there. They don't break. I'm sure ball bearing would be nice but I ain't gonna spend $2 each. They come by the gross. I wouldn't go less than 80#. I have some 60#'s for light stuff. They are small like you might get on a leader you buy. 100# is noticably bigger and 150 is getting pretty jumbo large. I use the snaps too. I've never had a problem with a cross lock but they're at least 100# as well.

G5XSB (1012432) 80 Lb. Test Size 5 $47 something for a gross at berkley for snap/swivel combo.